The Marvel/DC Co-Fan Club 718 members · 565 stories
Comments ( 16 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 16

Okay so Earth 2 Superman and Batman. The only two characters I've seen in the New 52 who behave and act exactly like their pre-New 52 counterparts. The characters I wanted to have their OWN series!!!!! Have been officially replaced with the darker, ruthless, and dangerous, main universe New 52 versions. This all happened in Superman/Batman. The only reason I was reading it was because I wanted to experience the GOOD Superman and Batman. This is what happened.

So yeah!! The New 52 Superman and Batman are ENDORSED BY APOKOLIPS!!!! AM I THE ONLY ONE THAT FINDS THIS UNSETTLING?!?!? DC IS OUTRIGHT SAYING AND CONFIRMING THAT THE DARKER, EDGIER, AND BLATANTLY 90'S STYLED SUPERMAN AND BATMAN ARE BETTER THAN THE VERSIONS OF THEM THAT ARE IN NEARLY EVER FACET THEIR PRE-NEW 52 SELVES!!!

To those who work at DC?

2023904 Haven't you read the Earth 2 Comics, Dude? The whole first arc of Superman/Batman has a foregone conclusion. We always new that the Earth-2 Trinity wasn't going to make it.

Besides, it makes sense that an evil chick from Apokolipse would say that she likes the more ruthless versions better, so of course that would be in the comic. :unsuresweetie:

Okay I'll be the first to admit that I'm way more of a Marvel fan than a DC fan. That being said can we stop bashing the new fifty two. I get you dont like it, but how about someone talk about something they like for a change........ it could we just start bashing Marvel too. Things seen a bit unfair. This the Marvel/DC co fan group.

2023939 Oh I know that. I was talking about a comic about their actual superhero careers not the END of them!!!

Also the scene that takes place AFTER the first one is what pissed me off the most.

EARTH 2 SUPERMAN CONDONES IT!!!!

2023948 so how does it exactly endorse the prime Earth Superman and Batman? :trixieshiftright:

2023955 Now that I found a scan of the other scene that works, look at the edited post

2023948 DUDE!!! I HAVEN'T PICKED UP THAT ISSUE YET!!!! :flutterrage:

2023967 WELL I JUST SAVED YOU MONEY!!!! :flutterrage:

2023973 It's my money and I'll spend if I want to! :flutterrage:

2023974 GO AHEAD!!! ENJOY YOUR TOILET PAPER!!! :flutterrage:

2023995 besides, I thought you said you weren't going to complain about this anymore :trixieshiftright:

2024002 I said I wouldn't until they did something that ROYALLY pisses me off and this qualifies!!! However now that I've said my peace, I will hold my tongue once again.................... Until next time.

2024009 *sighs*

I'll go reset my clock for it :trixieshiftleft:

Avenging-Hobbits
Group Admin

2023904 And here we see yet another example of confirmation of why I will never read the New 52 ever.

Thank you and good night.

2024009>>2024035 Alright, against my better judgement, I looked up a review of the comic. And here's what I think.

We knew from the very beginning what was going to happen to that Superman and that Batman.

From the VERY beginning. What did you think was going to happen, Lunar? It splits off from the Earth 2 universe and forms another timeline? There was only one way this was going to end and we knew that the instant we saw Darkseid's ugly mug in #3. Him giving the Prime Earth Clark his blessing? That was a good idea! We already knew that trinity was going to die. Granted, the mind wipe thing was super weak sauce, but still.

If your old (I hesitate to say 'our', seeing as how I wasn't a DC reader during the last continuity) Superman knew he was going to die and gave his blessing to a more agitated Kon-El, would you complain?

Probably not.

Look. I know you wanted to see more of Earth-2 Supes and Bats in action, I did to, but instead of weeping over their loss, we should be glad that we saw as much of them as we did.

Celebrate the arc for what is was: Awesomeness that was taken away to soon. :pinkiesad2:

That is all :moustache:

(this is the best superhero theme I've ever heard :rainbowkiss:. If any one turns it metal, I will stick my 10 year old Batman action figure firmly up their ass)

If I may add in a few things...

1. They say that Earth-2 Superman will return, but under Darkside's control.

2. Also there will be a crossover between World's Finest and Batman and Superman, where they finally met Huntress and Power Girl of Earth-2. That takes place next year.

So I'm hoping this gets picked up by then.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 16