The Marvel/DC Co-Fan Club 717 members · 563 stories
Comments ( 14 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 14
Avenging-Hobbits
Group Admin

Okay, lets have something movie related now shall we?

What do you guys think is the best acting performance you've seen in a superhero film? It can be anything, an animated movie, a DC movie, a Marvel movie or even an original superhero who was invented for the film (stuff like Dr. Horrible or The Incredibles).

My personal choice? Heath Ledger's Academy Award winning performance in The Dark Knight:
[youtube=www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGuNIS-jyd0]

I think it might be the single best performance ever given in a superhero film. Hands down.

How about you guys? You're allowed to have more then one, and they can be from any superhero film, Marvel, DC or other. Even animated stuff.

1998277 Andrew Garfield, Amazing Spider-Man. He really captured the best parts of the character.

On my opinion, the best performance was given to us by... Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill as Batman and Joker.
And also, let's watch the awesome intro of Batman: TAS one more time.

1998277 The guy that played Sinestro in Green Lantern: First Flight. Because of him, I can't ever stand seeing a British voiced Sinestro... ever :rainbowlaugh:

Avenging-Hobbits
Group Admin

1998329 they did a damn good job:moustache:

The only guy who came close to Mark's Joker was John DiMiggio in Batman: Under the Red Hood

1998397 swear to God, someone says motorcycle fetish and I am going Grodd sh:trixieshiftleft:t on them :trixieshiftright:

You should listen to Troy Baker's perfomance, I think that he is the perfect candidate to be the next VA for Joker on all upcoming animated movies/shows. Thankfully, I have video with him in which he performs one of the Joker's monologues from "The Killing Joke".

Tobey Magurie, as Spider-man. Because he was able to bring the superhero to life on the big screen in the first 2 movies.

I agree on that one :moustache: and why did you use a moustache in my presence! You know the trail must be..

Death by bananas :moustache::trollestia:

Mark Ruffalo in Avengers Assemble definitely deserves a mention.

As great of a performance as Edward Norton gave us in The Incredible Hulk, he didn't fully make the role his own. Ruffalo however did, and he did it in movie featuring all the other superheroes. That takes talent, and I'm glad he's reprising his role in Age Of Ultron.

I think the best performance I've seen in a live-action superhero film is Tom Hardy as Bane in The Dark Knight Rises

His ability to emote so much with 95% of his face obscured and having to re-dub his lines is mind blowing, his basically has to rely entirely on his eyes, body language and lines he recorded alone in a booth. There are so many actors these days who are utterly incompetent while being given every convenience, so to see one who gives his all in such a challenging piece (being the follow-up villain for Heath Ledger's Joker had to be daunting to say the least) is refreshing. I personally think he should have been nominated for an Oscar for it.

As for animated superhero movies I always loved Susan Eisenberg as the voice of Diana/Wonder Woman.

She really brought a wonderful and genuine dignity and strength to Diana without shedding her femininity, emotions or empathy. She was, in my humble opinion, the best portrayal of a female super heroine to date because I think she and everybody working on the show and movies they did in its universe, understood that they didn't need to remind us every second that Wonder Woman was as good/kickass/badass as the guys or even really mention the fact she was a woman, they just let the character breathe and act naturally and that's what I think every character, male or female, should be allowed.

Avenging-Hobbits
Group Admin

1998418 OH MY GOD THE VOICE IS ALMOST EXACTLY LIKE MARK HAMILL THIS IS SO AWESOME

And fun fact! He also voiced Loki and Clint Barton in the Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes tv show.:ajsmug:

Jabberwocky1996
Group Admin

1998418 OH MY GOD HE'S GOOD.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 14