The Marvel/DC Co-Fan Club 717 members · 563 stories
Comments ( 23 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 23

What is your absolute favorite comic book story? I don't care what company, just what is YOUR favorite story of all time. One you can read a hundred times over and never get tired of it. For me? DC: The New Frontier

Avenging-Hobbits
Group Admin

1994168 That story does look very good. I haven't had the chance to read it sadly.:fluttershysad:

Now, as for my favorite story, I actually have two:

DC COMICS: Kingdom Come (for me, this is the single best comic I've read so far.)
MARVEL COMICS: Power Pack 2005 Miniseries (It's just so damn cute and the Snarks are the funniest thing ever.)

1994676 They had a movie about it, only there it was called Justice League: New Frontier, but the graphic novel was better.

New Frontier takes place primarily in the 1950's, and depicts the Golden Age superheroes Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman meeting Silver Age versions of The Flash, Green Lantern, and the new hero Martian Manhunter. The story bridges the gap from the end of the Golden Age to the beginning of the Silver Age in the DC Universe.

Now granted it's not cannon with anything, but basically shows what the DCU would have been like if they didn't just reboot to the Silver Age. The Superman shown is the original Superman, Kal-L and not Kal-El, and they did confirm that the Justice Society did exist. However the government shut them down as they were vigilantes which was actually a nod in the story to the government being against comic books during that time and causing superheroes to fall from grace so to speak.

Superman and Wonder Woman were allowed to keep being active as they were too valuable to the government, while Batman was simply too slick for the police to catch, which was another nod to how those two weren't all that effected as they were popular enough to stick around in comics.

Avenging-Hobbits
Group Admin

1994894 Yeah I know about the plot because of this guy's review:

It's one of his first reviews actually, and he's singlehandedly set out to review every American/English-language superhero film in existence....and he's awesome.

Hell, this awesome dude (Captain Logan of Geekvolution) is almost enterily responsible for me getting into superheroes in the first place.

1994933 Yeah Captain Logan is awesome

Avenging-Hobbits
Group Admin

1995029 Oh you already know about him?

AWESOME

Not an overly complex story, but a fun one, nonetheless. The death of Superman.

This is what I had hoped for with Dark Knight Returns. While not exactly what I expected. Still the comic was better. (In my humble opinion). Knightfall.

The Night Gwen Stacy Died was one of the most controversial comics of Spider-Man's world. This comic marks the end of Peter's long time girlfriend Gwen Stacy. It also marks the end of Spider-Man's greatest foe, The Green Goblin. (or at least for a while anyway).

One of the most interesting and disturbing comics I've ever read, and yet it still has a special place in my heart.

The Killing Joke by the legendary Alan Moore, ended Barbara Gordon's crime fighting career as Batgirl. This also provided us a controversial backstory to the Joker's history. I say controversial because this may not be his origin. As he says himself, sometimes he remembers it one way and sometimes he remembers it another.

1995273>>1995067 A runner up a my favorite comic story is Escape from Bizarro World

1995582 Wow, I've never even heard of that story. I'll have to check it out.

1995591 Basically Bizarro kidnaps Pa Kent and brings him to Bizarro World. Naturally Superman has to go save him, but it's not that easy as he has to fight his way through the insanity that is Bizarro World.

It's a runner up because while not as epic as New Frontier, I love it because of its focus on Bizarro as he's by far my favorite DC villain and character in general. Superman and Shazam share the spot as favorite DC superhero, but Bizarro is my favorite CHARACTER in the entire DC universe. Just so many ranges you can play with his "backwards" nature. He can be a straight up villain, a superpowered annoyance for Superman, sometimes even a hero albeit a destructive one, so it's always fun to see how a writer will decide to play him.

Nope. Me am HATE Bizarro! Him am worst ever! :pinkiecrazy:

Comment posted by TheInvincibleIronBrony deleted Oct 21st, 2013

1995641 Good, I mean, bad. :rainbowhuh:

Anyway, I'll have to check it out sometime. Don't have much time to read comics anymore since I've started writing, but every now and then I pick up a comic or two, or twenty depending on what Marvel Essentials are out.

Working on Fantastic Four and Spider-Man mostly, but I pick up a few DC Comics too, like the Daughter of the Demon comic, that introduces the world to my favorite Batman villain. Ra's Al Ghul.

1995641>>1995591>>1995067 favorite comic story? No matter what company? Hmmmm.... I'd have to say Top10. Its a world where literally everyone has some form of superpower or something that puts them above what you would call a normal human. It follows the world ten police precinct in their investigations on immigrant gods, super drugs and murders through teleportation.

Avenging-Hobbits
Group Admin

1995794 That does sound interesting:moustache:

1995803 It was pretty great. I know this isn't technically the group for this, but I'd probably choose Vertigo comics over Marvel or DC.

Avenging-Hobbits
Group Admin

1995829 well, Vertigo is owned by DC, so yes, it technically counts.:moustache:

1995871 huh. Didn't know that. If they're owned by DC how are they doing better. I mean DMZ, Walking Dead, Preacher. They write a lot of cool stuff.

Avenging-Hobbits
Group Admin

1995970 Actually Walking Dead is owned by Image Comics...which is it's own company, independent from Marvel and DC.

1995994 My bad. Vertigo has Fables though. Actually, I change my answer, Fable is my favorite comic story. And also the reason I hate Once Upon A Time.

1994168 oh God... this is a tough one...

okay, which one... there's the Crisis trilogy and then there's Blackest Night...

There's also the classic Kingdom Come...

And how can I forget the master piece that is Hush?

Man, this shouldn't be this hard! :facehoof:

Can I choose more than one? :fluttershysad:

1996552 One and one runner up. That's it.

1996571 can I count the the crisis trilogy as one story? :duck:

1996585 dammit :trixieshiftleft:

Alright, then.

I'm going to go ahead and say Hush and Final Crisis, and even then I'm not sure :unsuresweetie:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 23