The Marvel/DC Co-Fan Club 717 members · 563 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11

KIMOTA! With one magic word, a long-forgotten legend lives again! Freelance reporter Michael Moran always knew he was meant for something more! Now, a strange series of events leads him to reclaim his destiny! Relive the ground-breaking eighties adventures that captured lightning in a bottle or experience them for the first time in these digitally restored, fully re-lettered editions!

Issue 1 includes material originally presented in WARRIOR #1 and MIRACLEMAN #1, plus the MARVELMAN PRIMER. Issue #2 includes material originally presented in WARRIOR #1-5, plus bonus material.

1973424 mhmm...

Magic word. Works as a reporter...

He is definitely a Captain Marvel knock-off :eeyup:

Avenging-Hobbits
Group Admin

1973424 Cool!

I will say, that I assume he has a similar ability to Captain Marvel, i.e. say the magic word and he shall appear?

Comment posted by Captain Lunar deleted Oct 17th, 2013

1973436 1973439 He was created to be the British version of Captain Marvel under a British comic company years ago. Also his powers were originally SCIENCE based and came from atomic energy. Note KIMOTA is ATOMIK spelled backwards

1973450 Evidently, the British forgot how to spell 'Atomic' right :moustache:

1973453 It's a known fact that most people think C makes and S sound in some words if they don't know how it's pronounced so they swapped it with a K.

About damn time too! Who hooo!!!

1973453 Also his full origin is as follows.

Mike Moran was the orphan son of a deceased Royal Air Force officer. Mike was chosen to be a subject in the Airforce's experimental Project Zarathustra. The Project created a replicated super-human from alien DNA and a device that allowed this replicated human to share Mike's own consciousness and to displace whichever being is not conscious at the time into infra-space using a trigger word: "Kimota." This process created Mike's alter ego, Miracleman, who was kept in check by the project using a virtual reality world where he was a superhero. The project later tried to destroy Miracleman and his fellow test subjects, Young Miracleman and Kid Miracleman, by hitting them with an atomic explosion in space. Mike survived the explosion but developed amnesia, forgot his Miracleman identity for years, and grew up to be a journalist.

Later,a middle aged Mike Moran remembered Miracleman and his trigger word while being held hostage by terrorists. After the discovery of his powers he developed a strange relationship with his wife Liz due to his switching of personas and was discovered Kid Miracleman who has grown in his super powered body and now lives as a corporate CEO and attempts to kill Miracleman and his wife Kid easily defeats Miracleman but grows overconfident and says Miracleman's name which depowers him back to his child identity of Johnny Bates.

At least that's the Alan Moore version of Miracleman. The original version named Marvelman had an origin more similar to Captain Marvel.

Micky Moran was a young orphan working as a copy boy for the Daily Bugle (no relation to the other Daily Bugle) who was apparently given the power to tap into the 'key harmonic of the universe' by an Astrophysicist by the unlikely name of Guntag Barghelt (sometimes spelled Barghelm or Bargholm), although it was never made clear what an astrophysicist was doing with this information to begin with. Simply saying the word 'Kimota' (which is very nearly but not quite 'Atomic' spelled backwards) would transform the adolescent Micky into the adult, and superhuman, Marvelman! This gift, the dying Barghelt bestowed upon Micky because he was honest, studious and good, and would therefore use his powers only in the cause of justice. Later, Marvelman would obtain two kid sidekicks: Dicky Dauntless, AKA Young Marvelman, and Johnny Bates, AKA Kid Marvelman, collectively known as the Marvelman Family.

I don't really read comics, so I'm not really concerned by this. Looks cool, though. Might have to see if my local comic store'll have a copy.

1973807 You don't read comics yet you are part of a comic group :unsuresweetie:......................... Weird. :pinkiecrazy:

1975563 I'm a fan of the characters (Favorites including Wasp, Spider-Man, She-Hulk, Doctor Strange and Ant-Man/Giant-Man). I may need to start reading the comics, though. Get a better understanding of the source material of the movies.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11