The Marvel/DC Co-Fan Club 717 members · 563 stories
Comments ( 20 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 20

There's been a whole lot of speculation over who the lead will be in Edgar Wright's Ant-Man, and now Variety claims they may have the answer. According to the website, Marvel wants Joseph Gordon-Levitt or Paul Rudd to fill Ant-Man's boots, claiming they're the front-runners for Marvel Studios' film. Variety reports there's a "remote possibility" another individual could land the role, but as of right now, these two are apparently the "main contenders."

Avenging-Hobbits
Group Admin

1958777 I'm casting my vote in favor of JGL, since he's the better actor overall (not that Paul Rudd is a BAD actor, it's just that he doesn't have the range that JGL has)

That's my two-cents

1958777>>1958801 you guys didn't know? Dudes, I've known for maybe a year now. Just before I saw the Avengers in theaters, actually. :moustache:

1958823>>1958820 There was documentary on the career of Stan Lee called With Great Power. Stan made an offhanded remark about how they were making an Ant Man movie. He seemed really surprised, probably because that was his least favorite character, so he says.

So yeah, I knew before this. I thought it was common enough knowledge for most Marvel fans...

That was a lot more backhanded than I intended. Sorry :applejackunsure:

Avenging-Hobbits
Group Admin

1958887 Oh I thought you were talking about JGL as Ant-Man.

I knew about Ant-Man way back in 2012 dude. I've keep very much up to date with everything MCU related for obvious reasons

1958887 Yeah sarcasm and wit can be hard to convey through text. :pinkiecrazy:

I think Paul Rudd looks best suited for the role.

That actor does seem familiar :trixieshiftright::moustache: as in Background character familiar :trixieshiftright::moustache::moustache::trixieshiftright::moustache:

1958902>>1958923>>1959035>>1959080

Just realized

Robin is going to be on the Avengers :rainbowlaugh:

Avenging-Hobbits
Group Admin

1959763 That's if they choose him.

If they choose Paul Rudd....then we get that guy from every Judd Apatow movie.

1959774 who the bleep is Paul Rudd?

Avenging-Hobbits
Group Admin

1959808 The guy on the right.

Best known for Role Models, Knocked Up, This is 40...i.e. nothing of any real quality.

1959816 He looks like discount Ben Afflek :moustache:

Avenging-Hobbits
Group Admin

1959817 Nah, he looks like the Ben Affleck you'd buy off some shady drug dealer in the darkest, dirtiest corner of a child brothel in Bangock.

1958887>>1959816>>1958923 Yeah Ant Man was actually in the summary of the first Avengers not long after the first Iron Man was in theaters on IMDB. It was later changed due to the obvious error, but I figured they'd include him eventually. I man the guy was a founding member of the original team. Also I support Levitt for the role

...FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

MOUSTACHES GET TO WORK BRING THE DARKEST ASSASSINS IN THE WORLD!! LEAVE HIM NO PLACE TO HIDE! SEARCH EVERY ROCK CLIFF CAVE SKY BUILDING!

HUNT ROBIN DOWN

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 20