The Marvel/DC Co-Fan Club 717 members · 563 stories
Comments ( 53 )
  • Viewing 51 - 100 of 53

1958350 I wonder why Dick isn't there. Doesn't he take care of Gotham now, too?

Also, what's up with Damien being right next to Superboy? I know that Superboy is slated to die soon (I'm conent with calling him the Jean Grey of DC at this point) and that Damien is getting his own miniseries soon (looking forward to that) Superboy dying won't happen for the next few months by the looks of it.

Also, why does Jason keep trying to shoot Kryptonians? He knows that won't work. In fact, chances his swords from the all-caste would actually cut through their skin, but then Superman is wearing armor (ha) so it probably won't...

Meh. It's a Bat vs. Super event, so I won't look a gift horse in the mouth

On the upside in general, it looks like DC is finally getting their act together on a much larger scale. :twilightsmile:

Like I predicted. All will be well :yay:

1958398 The Super Family isn't as big as it used to be so no one for Dick to fight.

Also Superboy doesn't count as the "Jean Grey of DC" now. He ALMOST does given the extremely convoluted origin he has now(Seriously why did they do that?!), but this is gonna be the FIRST time he dies technically.

And another thing? STOP SAYING THAT IT'S GETTIN' OLD!! :flutterrage::pinkiecrazy:

1958642 Well, his New 52 origin wouldn't be quite so complicated if not for the Culling. Seriously, it wasn't a bad IDEA.

Superboy from the New 52: Intended as a new breed of super soldier to stem the tide in a devastating war in the future. Made using Human and Kryptonian DNA, along with some other aliens.

See? Simple! Not as simple as 'kill or replace Superman', but still. Simple enough for all intents and purposes.

The Culling could have been a great story arc if it was handled well enough. I mean, if they made all of Harvest's lackies openly fear him, make him a well intentioned extremist and keep some of the character traits from the old verse that people loved so much, that would have been great! Make him actually take some damage, give him some consistent characterization and, Hell, make his soldiers be afraid of him but also love him because he treats them well!

It could have been awesome! But instead we got... that.

Also, he died in Infinite Crisis... unless that was the technically.

Out of curiosity, how does he compare to classic Superboy? (please don't begin a rant after me asking that)

1958776 He's less of a douchebag for one. Also Superboy's previous origin was just plain simple. Basically a test-tube genetic experiment with the DNA of Superman and Lex Luthor. That alone gives so much of a chance for character exploration and development!!! Having the genes of Earth's greatest hero and it's greatest villain(Yeah Lex IS Earth's greatest villain in the sense he's FROM Earth, not counting aliens). In fact there was a great arc in his Old 52 series where he kept a journal about what Superman would do and what Lex would do, marking something off if he does something either of them would do to see where he's standing on the hero/villain scale and afraid he might end up being a villain.

Also his Kryptonian name of Kon-El, the name Clark gave him as a sign of trust and acceptance, is now a term that means "Abomination" in Kryptonian. And no having him being called Conner Kent doesn't have the same effect. Being given a Kryptonian name means that Superman fully accepted him as not only a member of his family but as a Kryptonian. As someone worthy to also carry on the name of Krypton.

• Viewing 51 - 100 of 53