The Marvel/DC Co-Fan Club 717 members · 563 stories
Comments ( 13 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 13

As much as it pains me to do so, I'm leaving this group for a while.

While I love the discussions that go on here more than most groups, it seems painfully obvious to me that I can't go five days without having to defend the New 52, the stories that got me into comics as a usual reader in the first place.

Make of that video what you will

Peace out, y'all.

Maybe I'll rejoin, maybe I won't

Comment posted by Captain Lunar deleted Nov 2nd, 2013
Avenging-Hobbits
Group Admin

1928600 It isn't because you liked the New 52 that you recieved negative reaction.

It is because you were contentious, provoking and continually started fights, mocked those who didn't agree with you and, when told to stop, would continue anyways.

You brought this on yourself. This is no one else's fault but your own.

Once you've learned this fact, and have reached the state where you can respond to critizism in a mature, calm and most importantly, non-offensive manner, I will personally welcome you back to the group with open arms.

As I said, this group is for both DC and Marvel fans. The whole point of the group was to avoid fights like this.

However, you apparently did not read that memo, and continued on your own, self-destructive path.

I fair thee well.

1928649 And he kept trying to force his opinion on everyone. I'm surprised he actually joined since he admitted he doesn't read very much Marvel as it is.

Avenging-Hobbits
Group Admin

1928720 I don't know man.

Oh and on the video you put....as terribly mean as it is I couldn't help but giggle slightly at the idea of Emo Peter watching all this from the sidelines....

1928649 just joining because leaving without discussion would have been cowardly and, as a friend, you deserved better.

Yes, I'm a troll. I'll admit that with a smile on face

And yes, I like messing with people, just for the lulz.

But not once have I ever been mean spirited and not admitted I was wrong.

And not once have I ever began a rant on how the New 52 isn't that bad without first feeling provoked.

I know that DC messed things up. A blind man could see that.

I know that a lot of the old stuff was better than a lot of the new stuff.

But not even giving them a chance? It's not fair to the writers, a lot of them who might not have even wanted the reboot in the first place, to judge them based on their worst colleague

I am sorry of the insults, but never for rising to the defense of DC, the company I want to write for someday.

Yes, I said it.

I want to be a DC writer some day. I have ideas that I think they could use.

1928607 uncalled for

1928751 1928742 Your both right. That was uncalled for. I was still a touch miffed by the Earth 2 Superman thread so allow me to rectify this

Avenging-Hobbits
Group Admin

1928751 My friend....then you must cease being a troll.

See how much trouble it has caused?

I don't mind that you like the New 52, or that you don't like The Beatles.

It's just that you INSIST on trolling people, and mocking them when they find something bad in what they like. Instead of seeing it as a joke, we all see it as you coming it, seeing us angry and then laughing at us.

And that is the most angering thing you can do to someone who is frustrated. Mock them.

This applies to our out-of-group friendship as well.

1928778>>1928720

It's just that you INSIST on trolling people, and mocking them when they find something bad in what they like. Instead of seeing it as a joke, we all see it as you coming it, seeing us angry and then laughing at us.

But my knee jerk reaction is go on the offensive when I catch a backhanded comment about something I like. I go in with the best defense is a good offense style of debating.

My entire goal in those arguments was to make you guys see that the old 'verse and Marvel aren't nearly as perfect in comparison as you guys kept alluding too (in my mind).

I never even said I hated Marvel. DC needs them around to keep the balance of story style. Idealistic vs. realistic. They are the Batman to DC's Captain America (hur hur hur).

I just said those things about Marvel so you guys would at least start thinking it wasn't that bad.

This style is what was going through my head. I felt like I was being backed into a corner (more or less) by you guys constantly saying how terrible the New 52 was.

Again, I know they messed up on a lot. After taking off my fanboy goggles and reading the RHOTA volume 2 trade, I only got about half way through. The story was that bad.

But I'm rambling. My point is, I shouldn't have retaliated as much as I did and I'm sorry for any hurt feelings.

I'm still leaving for a while, though. I'll probably come back in a week, but still.

I think things need to cool off before I make a new heroic entrance.

Avenging-Hobbits
Group Admin

1928947 Alright.

You just didn't need to be such an ass-hole about it.

1928989 Well, yeah, I didn't need to be one

But then you guys didn't need to keep complaining about the New 52 and DC that much, so I guess that makes us even...

Okay, no it doesn't, I still screwed the pooch more than you guys did, but you get the idea.

I will now leave this group with a poetic fanfare befitting the best DC shipping ever (shaddup. just because I'm a guy doesn't mean I don't love a good romance mixed in with my superheroes)

Comment posted by Commando-Scarecrow deleted Oct 11th, 2013

1928947 When you say "heroic return" why do I think of this?

1928600 I feel like leaving without announcing it would have been more mature. This is like when someone tells all their friends the deleted their Facebook. This doesn't deserve that much attention and distracts from the actual purpose of the group.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 13