The Marvel/DC Co-Fan Club 717 members · 563 stories
Comments ( 60 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 60

Brainwashed Superman. Who is renamed Brutal as he is Darkseids puppet. Gotta admit, like the costume.

1928036 I just nerdgasme EVERYWHERE!!! :flutterrage:

Avenging-Hobbits
Group Admin

1928036 And here we see DC continuing to spiral into madness....

1928052 please tell me that wasn't another barb at DC :facehoof:

I honestly liked the earth 2 twist. Gave me a sense of nostalgia.

Avenging-Hobbits
Group Admin

1928073 Yeah it is.

My hatred for the New 52 and DC as a company knows no bounds.

1928098 And this is the most accurate reaction I've had to everything New 52 related ever.

1928127 Dude. Darkseid did that in SMTAS (that one show we all, including you, seem to venerate). Superman going bad has been played with for decades. Poison Ivy's done it
Darkseid's done it
I think Lex did it once
He's been a communist, Nazi, and a dictator in Injustice: Gods Among Us

Besides, do you really think him being brainwashed will last? Great Caesar's ghost, He's Superman, for Rao's sake! Of course it won't be permanent!

Rant time over: What, exactly, is your beef with THIS move? :rainbowhuh:

Comment posted by Commando-Scarecrow deleted Oct 10th, 2013

My hatred for the New 52 and DC as a company knows no bounds.

Took the words right out of my mouth............................. WHY CAN'T THEY REBOOT THIS STUPID REBOOT BACK TO WHAT IT WAS ORIGINALLY?!?!??! :flutterrage::raritycry:

This has been me with nearly EVERY New 52 Comic I've read(Some series excluded as they're actually GOOD)

Avenging-Hobbits
Group Admin

1928219 It's just stupid.

In the Animated Series, it wasn't exactly the best idea either, since they never talked about again or delt with the implications of the world's ultimate symbol for hope being turned into Darkseid's bitch.

Also, why are they doing it so damn soon. It's been what? Two years since the beginning of the New 52, and hence the Earth 2 universe, so why make Superman evil? It's too early. DC is still trying to explain the sheer stupidity of the reboot overall, but they just keep doing things that keep fueling the flames.

The New 52 got me into comics in the first place. It gave me an opportunity to begin a life as a DC hero fan on the same footing as everyone else.

For good or for ill, I shall defend the move and see it with eyes that did not see the world before

And I shall stand tall, hoisting their flag till the bitter end!

Avenging-Hobbits
Group Admin

1928285 The bitter end came as soon as it began.

Trust me.:ajbemused:

1928298 How many comics from the new 52 have you actually read recently? :trixieshiftright:

1928249 As I said I do like SOME of their comics. Which ones? Demon Knights(Cancelled), Justice League International(Cancelled), All-Star Western(Because Jonah Hex is my favorite DC character next to Bizarro and it's too far into the past to be ruined by New 52 taint), and Justice League Dark(Swamp Thing, Deadman, John Constantine, Zatanna, and Fraknenstein all on one team? Hell yeah I'm gonna buy that!), and Green Lantern Corps.

Now currently that's 3 titles when I used to get at the very least 8 from DC usually. Now I just have more money for more stuff from Marvel, Dynamite, and IDW. Yeah DC has caused me to buy LESS from them instead of more. Let's see them try to explain THAT :trixieshiftleft:

1928322 Batman Superman

Justice League

Aquaman

JLA

Superman Unchained

Green Lantern

Red Hood (it finally got good)

Nightwing

Earth 2

Talon

those are just the ones I see at my local comic book store

And I am SO looking forward to Superman/Wonder Woman and Justice League 3000

Avenging-Hobbits
Group Admin

1928310 No.

Because I like to read things that I know won't make me want to kill puppies, sacrifice virgins to Satan or never return an overdue library book.

I have no desire to pay money to a company that feels it is a good policy to kill innocent twelve year old children on a regular basis.:ajbemused:

And you will never make me pick up a New 52 book either.

It's like asking me if I want to watch a Saw movie or listen to a Pantera album. Don't care if you like it, I sure as hell don't and you can't make me watch it.

1928369 I... you...

You've been judging the entire move without even reading their books? :ajbemused:

Avenging-Hobbits
Group Admin

1928380 I heard Linkara's review for the Culling.

I think that's good enough.

And you do know that I moderate this group....right? Might be best to tread lightly friend.

Or need I remind you that I have a three strike policy and you've already got two strikes (the Superman vs. Sentry fiasco and your blatant mockery, derision for The Beatles and my appreciation of their music.)

1928285 Might wanna rethink that post

I like Canada. I've been wanting to move there, but this is just a blatant rip-off of Marvel's Alpha Flight!! :flutterrage:

1928236 I think that would be an unboot not a reboot.

1928394 I did not mock your music. I simply said Bon Jovi was... okay, yeah, I mocked it, mostly by accident at first, then I just kind of became an asshole. I'll admit it.

Look, Dude. Marvel isn't my favorite, but I never insulted anything that happened there without first watching a review or reading it myself.

Linkara only reviews the very worst, right? That's what the Culling was. The very worst. Anything done by Scott Lobdell on his DC run is garbage (I understand that his Marvel runs are, by contrast, very well received).

But my point is this.

Please.

Go to a book store. Read the first trade of Action Comics, Aquaman, Green Lantern, Justice League (and then read the second of that one. It's awesome), or anything written by Geoff Johns since the reboot.

Don't you think it deserves that much? :pinkiesad2:

In return, I'll read a marvel trade at a book store of your choice.

Even One-More day, if you feel inclined :applejackunsure:

1928449 No I mean reboot. Reboot it to like it was before, but without all the horrible stories that cluttered it. Amazons Attack, Countdown, Cry for Justice. Those are the stories that brought the DCU to where it was a cluttered mess. That's what should have been removed, not totally rewriting everything!!! :flutterrage:

Avenging-Hobbits
Group Admin

1928461 No.

The New 52 Universe does not deserve my money.

At all.

Same with the Spetacular Spider-Man and the Ultimates Universe in Marvel's case.

I am currently debating the blocking of you.

1928394 1928461 You know? I'm in a far better position to judge the New 52 than either of you. I started reading DC Comics with my Grandpa when I was 8. He had a lot of comics from the Golden Age and parts of the Silver Age. My first Green Lantern was Alan Scott. My first Flash was Jay Garrick. I learned at an early age to cherish the great works of the past, be they movies or books. That is why the JSA is my favorite comic book team of all time.

Then when my Grandpa passed away when I was 9 I started saving up to buy comics every month. I gravitated more to Marvel, but I still loved DC. I'm 22 now. DC Comics was a major part of my childhood. I grew up with these characters, I KNEW these characters. All those years of collecting and growing attached to them, all to be washed away and made irrelevant by some ill conceived reboot.

Knighty? You don't GET to tell me that "Oh this is better" or "Come on give it a try" because you never knew the DC universe before hand. :ajbemused:

I know both. I've read both. I've compared and the old universe despite it's hiccups is still superior to me. It suffered from bad story arcs and events like Amazons Attack, Countdown, and Cry for Justice. However those could have all been swept away and forgotten by an actual relaunch instead of a REBOOT!!!! :flutterrage:

You can say it'll get better until you're blue in the face, but I don't wanna hear it. :ajsleepy:

How I mourn the old days.............. :fluttershyouch:

1928566 I never said it was better. I just said it's not as bad as people say

1928588 Fine. I'll give you that. But it's still not that great. :ajbemused:

Avenging-Hobbits
Group Admin

1928566 Thank you Lunar.

You are awesome.

Fuuuuuck what did I start....

1928628 I'm just a regular guy. I pay my taxes one leg at a time. :pinkiecrazy:

Avenging-Hobbits
Group Admin

1928764 I have no idea but it was interesting that's for sure

1928798>>1928779>>1928764>>1928588. I don't know anything about the new 52. Anyone feel like that educating me?

1929203 It's a horrible, horrible, travesty. Picture Ultimate Marvel. Oh sure it has a FEW good ideas here and there, even a couple of good series(Ultimate Spider-Man before Peter Parker died), but as a whole is a mockery of the regular universe. Now picture no regular universe to fall back on if you don't like the Ultimate universe. :ajbemused:

*Starts to give a better exposition*

New 52 is the DC universe rebooted. After the events of the Flashpoint storyline, everything went into reset.

Superman's adoptive parents are not alive.

Vertigo and WildStorm characters are part of DC Continuity.

Aaaah fuck it, let me give ya some better info. http://www.comicvine.com/the-new-52/4015-56061/

1929283 They completely rebooted their entire universe and did away with the bold one?! The hell were they thinking. That's the only thing that saved marvel when they introduced the ultimate universe.

Aaaaannd just to add more of your New 52 rants, here is Killer Moth.

Eeyup. :eeyup:

1929369 That's what I've been saying from day one!!! Superman wears armor now

Captain Marvel is now called Shazam(He has to want to change and say the word). That's not too bad as it finally gets rid of the naming confusion with Marvel's Captain Marvel, personally I would have preferred Captain Thunder, but Billy Batson is now a major snot.

The Justice Society is now DC's own personal punching bag as they constantly and horribly mutilate the first team of superheroes in comic books into horrendous versions that are so far removed from the beloved originals they aren't even the same characters anymore

THIS is now the first team of Teen Titans and all the other original Titans are now either villains for no reason or have never met each other

Superboy's original simple origin of being a genetic construct with the DNA of both Superman and Lex Luthor is no longer canon and is instead replaced with a ridiculously complicated one.

Helena Bertinelli, the Huntress, no longer exists and has never existed. She has been replaced by Helena Wayne, the extra-dimensional daughter of Batman and Catwoman. No longer is Huntress a deep and complex character who is very much the female equivalent to Bruce Wayne as she has suffered the same level of childhood trauma and mental scarring. Nope! She's just Bruce's little girl!

Power Girl is still extra-dimensional Supergirl when they could have finally taken the opportunity to FIX her origin once and for all and make it less confusing!!!! Her first New 52 costume was horrible

But they finally fixed it. If only they could do the same with Superman's :facehoof:

Aquaman is now treated like a joke. Oh he's still awesome and kicks ass. The difference? IN HIS OWN SERIES HE IS CONSTANTLY MOCKED IN UNIVERSE BY THE PEOPLE HE SAVES AS BEING A LAME SUPERHERO WHEN LOGICALLY THEY HAVE NO REASON TO THINK THAT!!!!! :flutterrage:

Captain Atom is now basically Dr. Manhattan

I could tell you more, but I think this speaks for itself.

1929625 Ignoring everything else why the hell is Superman wearing Armor? Any villian strong enough to get through his invulnerability is strong enough to rip even the best armor to shreds right?

1930318 I have no idea. It's supposed to be some Kryptonian suit thing. Also it gets worse. He can now Morph like a Power Ranger into Superman

You ask me it's just idiotic!!! Putting Superman in armor is like putting a bulletproof vest on a tank!! It's redundant!!

I mean I can buy armor on characters with similar levels of invulnerability like Thor as he's from a warrior culture and armor for him seems more or less like a tradition than a requirement. But Superman?! COME ON!!! I think the Earth 2 version of the costume got the "no briefs" thing right, if that's all they wanted!!

Personally I prefer the Earth 2 costume. Just looks better to me. In fact it looks an awful lot like the Man of Steel costume, which means this makes even more sense as a mainstream costume!!! After all, isn't the main hope of all superhero movies to get people to read the comics?

1930651 It really is. But DC seems fit to remove all traces of the briefs............. Except for one version of Superman who had a back-up story in a Superman comic

1935248 I ask myself that question everyday about DC

Avenging-Hobbits
Group Admin

1929432>>1929625>>1930440>>1930661>>1934493

WHAT IN THE NAME OF NICK MASON'S FUZZY MUSTACHE IS THIS SHIT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Uuuuh Super-Obama, go go Power Kryptonian, or not so Killer looking Moth?:rainbowhuh::twilightsheepish:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 60