The Marvel/DC Co-Fan Club 717 members · 563 stories
Comments ( 18 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 18

Here's who they have lined up as potential actors to play Mr. Fantastic AKA Reed Richards in the Fantastic Four reboot.

Kit Harrington(Game of Thrones)

Jack O'Connell(300: Rise of an Empire)

And Miles Teller(21 and Over)

Notice anything wrong with these actors? THEY'RE 20 YEARS TOO YOUNG!!! Let's look at Reed from the comics shall we?

See a problem?

1927584 I haven't even read your post yet and I know the title is accurate.

1927584 Why does fox only try to cast pretty people. Not every super hero is pretty.

Avenging-Hobbits
Group Admin

1927584 The only explanation for this is that they're going in the direction that the Ultimate Universe went and making the team younger

1927607 The Thing is proof enough of that. Even Spider-Man in the comics is generally considered about average. :applejackunsure:

This just really grinds my gears. I don't want some bullcrap "Oh he's a young genius" or "He graduated early" I want a Reed Richards who has been a highly respected scientist for YEARS!!! A Reed Richards who has held the title of "World's Smartest Man" for YEARS!!! :flutterrage:

My personal pick for Reed? Jon Hamm. He's the perfect age to play Reed.

1927616 AND I HATE THAT!!!! All THAT tells me is that they're just doing this to play to the fangirls so they can have them swoon over Reed and Johnny!! At least in the first couple films, bad as they were, they kept their proper ages!!!

Avenging-Hobbits
Group Admin

1927649>>1927635 Well, I think John Hamm might work better for Batman or something...

BUT how about David Tennant? He's the right age, said he'd LOVE to take the part and it's easy to make him look older.:ajsmug:

1927667 He's my second pick. Really though I think I'd have a hard time buying since I'd keep expecting him to pull out a Sonic Screwdriver at some point. I mean what The Doctor does any given day is pretty similar to what the F4 do.

1927584 So for once, you're not complaining about DC

It would appear as if the suck is on the other foot, such as it was.

Also, making another F4 movie is a terrible idea. Taking more flamboyant heroes is always a risky proposition. They should have let their aspirations for that series die years ago. :moustache:

Avenging-Hobbits
Group Admin

1927693 EXACTLY!!!!

Now, any of these young dudes as Johnny Storm might work....since Chris Evans is kinda busy:raritywink:

1927708 They apparently wanna make Johnny Storm black for diversity. I don't want that. Why? For one he's Sue's brother and I don't want the cop-out of "Oh he's adopted"

Also I'm aware they could go with the idea they're from a mixed family, but then that hinders who could play Sue as they'd have to go with someone who looks mixed.

Either way it bugs me since it flies in the face of who they are in the comics!! I don't mind race changes for some superheroes. If they had decided to cast Donald Glover as Spider-Man in the reboot? I'd be fine since Spider-Man's costume was made with the idea to give the sense that ANYONE could be Spider-Man. That Spider-Man is really a metaphor for anyone who's ever been put in a position of power or responsibility, but never wanted it.

And really for some characters it doesn't matter much. Like Kingpin being black in Daredevil. No problem, that's not a key essential element to his character. He could have been Islamic for all I cared as long as he was done well.

Electro being black? No big deal as it's not a key essential element.

However for characters like Superman? Yeah, he's always gonna be white, same as Batman or Wonder Woman, or any other hero that the public has always identified with being as white because those have become a key characteristic of them.

Now some people are saying that they should make The Thing black. I have 2 problems with this.

1: Why would that even matter?! He's gonna be orange and rocky for the bulk of the movie!!!

2: The Thing is Jewish. Yes, Benjamin Grimm is in fact Jewish. He's one of the EXTREMELY rare Jewish superheroes.

1927701 Yeah........... No. I'm complaining about FOX's treatment of Marvel characters not Marvel itself.

Avenging-Hobbits
Group Admin

1927801 Exactly, so making him black is just silly.

Yes there are Black people who are jewish, but they live almost exclusively in Africa!

You'd have a better excuse of making Black Panther a Black Jewish person!

Geez Fox....idiots.

1927701 :ajbemused:

We're angry with Fox...not Marvel. READ THE POST

1927872 That's an alternate universe that is in no way mainstream and has shown up only 3 times!!! Doesn't count.

1927885 I am seriously hoping FOX scraps this and gives the F4 rights back to Disney/Marvel. They can have X-Men, that's actually a big enough universe where they could have solo movies of a lot of X-Men!! Heck DEADPOOL could easily pull a movie series all his own!! They've got enough characters to milk a lot of movies out of with the X-Men!! They don't need the F4!!

Here is a morale of this post: NEVER trust fox with marvel movies. At all. When it comes to FF.

Avenging-Hobbits
Group Admin

1928001 Or if they don't scrap it, that it bombs like the Mortal Instruments franchise did.

1927635 This is a movie I can wait for Netflix to get.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 18