The Marvel/DC Co-Fan Club 718 members · 563 stories
Comments ( 28 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 28

1820420 I KNOW!!!!!!!! :pinkiehappy:

I just thought of an awesome first line for Ultron!!! It would be so epic.

"I AM ABOVE HUMANITY............ I AM ULTRON.......... THE REVOLUTION BEGINS NOW"

1820489 Also apparently they're gonna have Stark make Ultron in this. Given how Iron Man 3 ended, I'm thinking he makes Ultron to replace him on the Avengers with the prime directive to protect humanity. Ultron becomes self-aware and comes to the conclusion that to fulfill his prime-directive, he must enslave humanity. This causes Tony to suit up as Iron Man once again to help The Avengers stop the rogue robot!!!

Avenging-Hobbits
Group Admin

1820516 Actually this is what IMDb says the movie is going to be about:

As the US Government create a force, known as Ultron, The Avengers are told they are not needed any longer. But when Ultron turns against Humanity, it's time for The Avengers to assemble yet again for their most dangerous challenge ever.

So maybe the government made Ultron in the post-New York world since they didn't think the Avengers would team up again.

1820537 I'll believe that when we see a real trailer. Plot descriptions like that this early on are usually either wrong or only half-right. :applejackunsure:

OH SNAP!

They are so in troube....:rainbowderp:

Avenging-Hobbits
Group Admin

1820537 This would actually be better than the rumors I've heard about iron man making him. It also gives them a chance to include Hank Oym although obviously not as Ant Man unfortunately.

1820235 Man of Steel 2 is going to be better :moustache:

Avenging-Hobbits
Group Admin

1821789 Yeah.

I do understand why they probably didn't have Hank Pym make him. It would simply complicate the already complicated universe at this point. Better that we wait and give Hank Pym his own story where he can shine, then to shoehorn him in with 8 other characters (*cough*X-Men: Days of Future Past*cough*)

1822076 Not likely

1822910 Well they don't have to make him a big deal or even give him a lot of screen time. They just give him credit for building Fulton or at least for coming up with the design.

Avenging-Hobbits
Group Admin

1823276 I'm thinking that's what might happen here....

1823403 oh crap I misspelled ultron tablet fail

Jabberwocky1996
Group Admin

1820420 To be honest I'm both excited but I'm still a little nervous too.

Avenging-Hobbits
Group Admin

1826481 Well yeah.

They can both SUCK

1827207 How many guys did it take the Avengers to stop an alien invasion with just one big bad as tough as Thor?

AND they had the Hulk

Superman had to fight three guys BETTER than him when he had NO training in combat, other than simply being more used to his powers. :yay:

Jabberwocky1996
Group Admin

1826493 Um...not exactly. But that too.

Forgiving the fact that Joss Whedon is a jerk (he said Empire Strikes Back wasn't a good sequel and he called America Nazi Germany), I'm sadly not a Scarlett Witch or Quicksilver fan. I mean I like them but I don't love them. I'm hoping he explains how they got their powers since they explained everyone elses and more importantly: WHY THEY JUST SUDDENLY APPEAR?

While I have a newfound respect for Ultron , I will admit that I still can't wrap my head around the Avengers fighting a robot. That'd be like after besting Zod, Superman's next foe is the Kaiju for Pacific Rim. Still a ledgitamite threat but you can't relate with it. I don't know maybe I'm reading a little too much into this.

I also wonder what Thor is going to do and here's my big problem: I don't want Tony Stark to be Ultron's creator and I don't want too much Robert Downey Jr. and I certainly don't want the goverment to be portrayed as this big bad. One of my complaints about The Avengers (which I still love by the way) is that Tony Stark got a little too much screentime. I almost want to say "Um, Joss, it's okay if Robert Downey Jr. dosen't get as much screentime as everyone else. We've already got Iron Man 3 in the works. The world isn't going to crash and burn if Tony Stark isn't on-screen that much." Also the goverment being portrayed as untrustworthy or this big bad is such a boring, predictable cliche. Even in Firefly I didn't like the Alliance portrayed as this evil thing. Joss needs to move on from that.

But...with that said, I still want to see what they do with it. I'll do a thesis on Days of Future Past sometime later. I like the two actors they got for Scarlett Witch and Quicksilver (Elizabeth Olsen and Aaron Taylor-Johnson respectivly) and it seems like a ledgit enough film. I just Ultron to be permanatly destroyed and make way for Thanos is all. I'm willing to see this in theatres.

Not like Superman/Batman which I know from the title alone is going to suck. Although I will confess that having Ben Affleck and Amy Adams in a movie together, probably as a couple...nice. Just let it be one in a movie Affleck is writing and directing. That isn't Batman. That isn't a superhero film. That isn't a DC film peroid. I also took a massive sigh of relief when I found Christopher Nolan wasn't involved in Superman/Batman. It's like he looked at Man of Steel and said "I made a huge mistake." and then took the hints and made a run for it to do Interstellar. Thank you Nolan, from the bottom of my heart.

Avenging-Hobbits
Group Admin

1827768 and yet...

New York is still standing. Except for a very concentrated area around the Stark Building, most of you remained mostly unscathed.

Meanwhile Metropolis....what Metropolis? You must be referring to that big crater in the middle of Kansas right? Because there's NOTHING LEFT

1828774 Well, he did fight the equivalent to a squad of Thor's and Supermen, so I think a little collateral damage is to be expected when he went at it alone

Also, I think I should point out that Loki was going to Conquer the Earth, not kill every last human being on it like Zod. A little collateral damage isn't going to hurt anyone... much.

(for the record, there is no malice here, I just get tired of people saying that Man of Steel was a bad movie. It wasn't :ajbemused:. I still can't see how Superman returns somehow gets a better rating that Man of Steel)

Avenging-Hobbits
Group Admin

1829080 Hype man...hype.

Everyone was finally hoping they'd get the superman film we've always wanted, but instead we got a heavy handed, stale and humorless film where the characters (except Superman...for the most part) feel like cardboard cut outs and everything is resolved in a big smack down and also, SUPERMAN SHOULD NEVER KILL.

And still the collateral damage to Metropolis could have been avoided by Superman simply flying Zod out into the Desert or something....there. That way, they can smack down as hard as they want, without turning the city around them into an ash heap.

Zod out into the Desert or something....there. That way, they can smack down as hard as they want, without turning the city around them into an ash heap.

I think you're confusing Superman with Japanese Superman... I mean Goku.

Besides, do you really think that Zod would have gone for that? :applejackunsure:

Zod doesn't care what or who you are if you're not from Krpton

Zod doesn't give a sh:yay:t about human lives

Zod will do what he will and he will not move unless killed

Zod needed to die and and Superman was the only one that could have done it

Avenging-Hobbits
Group Admin

1829226 Well yes....

but it's still unnerving for a fan to see this happen to a character who is known for going out of his way to avoid killing. hence, many people forgot how much better the rest of Man of Steel was over Superman Returns, and simply couldn't recover over the fact that Superman killed someone....especially since we didn't know that this Superman couldn't fly into space at the time the movie first came out...it's only now that this information has come out, which is far too late for most fans.

I'll work this out in my Supercolt story....since I know Caramel's power levels would be more along the lines of Superman: The Animated Series. I'll probably just avoid killing Zod at all costs....since I might want to bring him/her back later:trollestia::pinkiecrazy:

But that's a conversation for another time...

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 28