Call of Duty 298 members · 46 stories
Comments ( 35 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 35

It's here!!!

Even if you don't like the idea, you gotta admit, the colors look fucking SPECTACULAR!!!:raritystarry:

5209686 It looks like it might be decent, but I feel it might be a hit or miss with me. Not saying I'm expecting it to be bad, I just can't formulate an opinion of a trailer mostly involving cutscenes.

would they just cut this futuristic shit already goddammit if it wasn't for the remastered Cod4 i would stop playing this damn game

5209693 It's getting mixed reviews, but I think that it'll turn out okay if they can maintain a decent story. It's IW's chance to make amends for Ghost's bland colors and poor, cliche storytelling.
5209703 Please, keep negative comments off. I know a lot of people haven't been very kind to CoD's idea of moving to more advanced warfare (pun not intended), but this is the same mixed review BO3 got before it got a 9.2 rating. But you're entitled to your own opinion. And I have to agree, the CoD4: Remastered is a HUGE plus.

5209729 Bland colors, yes. As far as storytelling, it seems the classic space invasion story in my opinion. And as always, someone close to you will end up stabbing you in the back: Figuratively and maybe even literally.

5209734 Yeah. That's what I found cliche. The whole "getting stabbed in the back" has been in MW2, MW3, BO1, 2, AND 3, AW, and Ghosts, so it just made the story a bit to predictable for my liking. I like a story where if someone in the cast dies, I feel it. I found it hard to get that feeling here.

5209741 And BO3 (spoilers I guess) was a little... loose with the story. I mean, I get the whole we're all in sync and whatever, but the whole WWII scene and the zombies, as well as the Frozen Forest was just annoying after a while. Only thing I liked about it was Christopher Meloni. But seriously, you guys didn't install a kill switch into a military program?

(Sorry if I'm going off topic of the Infinity, I'm just bored at this point)

5209752 No prob. Well installing a killswitch means Coalition would be charged with killing a bunch of legendary soldiers because of their faulty tech. In other words, hundreds of people (seeing as WA wasn't the only group with DNIs) would just drop dead. Yeah the WWII zombies was kind of annoying because only Chaos Cybercores would be useful, seeing as there were no drone back then.

5209826 Yet, here you are with the SDF logo as your profile pic.:ajsmug: Kidding. But I personally like the way it starts with absolute massacre, then moves on to a full frontal assault. Kind of like how the BO3 trailer started with Taylor (I think) giving the speech about weapons before we started getting the hype-worthy gameplay.

5209841 Why? Because it was more high-tech?

5209852 True. TBH, zombies has been CoD's saving grace from day 1. Even Ghost's Invasion, despite being out of context and a bit overboard, was original enough to give it a slight improvement from it's overly cliche story. So far, Treyarch has been very consistent in good delivery and storytelling and I think that the boost was an improvement on AW exo.

And actually, there were quite a few reference to BO2, for instance when Hendricks got mad at a soldier for referencing Menendez's actions. But I think people are so used to games like Deus Ex and Killzone carrying the cyberpunk/sci-fi torch, that when a game like CoD tries to beat them at their own game, everyone's like, "Boo! Go back to old school!" But I don't get it. They made a futuristic game, they get heat; if they made a follow-up to the MW series, let's be honest, it would've been a train wreck, seeing as how third game ended and they'd still get heat. And making only a remastered game, let's be honest, would just be a waste of money; it's just in the Legacy pack as a nostalgic bonus.

5209971 Fair point. But I think the only reason IW may not succeed is because fans don't want to try something new. Ironic considering the same fans, after MW2 and BO1 were asking for something different? CoD had already done historical and modern, what did they think they'd try next? Steampunk?:facehoof: But whatever. I like to keep an open mind. I'll give it benefit of the doubt based on the trailer and my adoration for cyberpunk, but if it falls short, I won't hesitate so say so.

AW had a lot, let me reiterate, A SHITTON, of hackers. Almost as bad as WaW. But my main concern was the exo. It was good, but it had very little control. BO3 boost was much, much better.

5209990 As ridiculous as that sounds, I would like to see what steampunk would at least look like :rainbowlaugh: At least like a camo for a gun.

5210151 TBH, steampunk shooters are rare, but they have so much potential if executed right. Get something wrong, and it's gonna fall flat on its face with MP as the only possible reconciliation.

5210164 True, true. and it's been 5 hours since I saw the trailer and I still have the Space Oddity song stuck in my head :facehoof:

5210007 Watching right now.
5210171 It is catchy, though.:rainbowlaugh:

5210180 Very... Well I don't think there's much else to talk about, so I guess I'll see you guys later. Hopefully this game is a gem. Anyway, see ya.

5210198 Laterz.

5210212 There must always be zombies. I'm honestly surprised they didn't even bring up Invasion.:rainbowlaugh: But if they did then the Halo flaming will truly begin.

5210469 Lemme guess: hyped for CoD4: Remastered, disappointed by IW's space combat theme?

5210511 Ah. Well be honest. Afte playing and adapting to BO3 boosting, how easy do you think it will be to make those mad escapes from danger without the use of high-tech gadgetry?:ajsmug:
5210511 It was different from zombies, but oddly worked out.

igi

I saw this trailer and those two teasers. Im gonna wait to see final product, but i think i could be OK. Lets hope it didnt turned to be another Ghosts, whose story was MAIN nail to the cofiin.
Speaking about story, judging from name of bads, Settlement Defense Front, there is definitly inspiration from Gundam series.

5210151 Wanna see steampunk? Pretty sure Battlefield 1 has us covered.:ajsmug:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 35