Group Admin
6ix #1 · Jul 24th, 2013 · · 1 ·

Zamairiac

6ix: ok first question
Zamairiac: K
6ix: How long have you been a brony?
Zamairiac: A little over a year now
6ix: What made you get into it?
6ix: To add to that what made you start writing?
Zamairiac: My friend originally. Then I noticed the fan fiction and started to become interested. As for writing? Well I suppose it could have been my never ending imagination, but I like to think that playing games like Dragon age Origins and Mass Effect brought me into writing.
 6ix: do you identify yourself as a brony and a gamer then?
Zamairiac: I'm not much of a gamer anymore, but yes you could slap those two titles on me.
6ix: I noticed your forte is humans in Equestria, why?
Zamairiac: Hmm tough question. I suppose I just find the idea of interspecies relationships attractive.
6ix: did you ever have the goal to get featured?
Zamairiac: Every single one of my stories have been at the top of the featured box. That being said, it's never my intention to actually get it there. But it's nice when it does.
6ix: what do you think most stories are lacking
Zamairiac: Originality
6ix: With so many bronies always thinking up new stories and ideas do you think that there is any room for originality?
Zamairiac: I believe there is always room for originality :)
6ix: let me restate that do you think there is a lot of room for originality? Or is it getting harder and harder to accomplish this?
Zamairiac: Oh it's certainly getting harder. I myself have trouble trying to start a story without the usual Human in Equestria cliché’s that tend to come with it. But I still try and that's all that matters :)
6ix: how would you feel if they made humans cannon (not counting Equestria Girls)
Zamairiac: Disgusted and intrigued
6ix: why would you feel disgusted?
Zamairiac: Hasn't Hasbro thrown enough Panda's at us?
Zamairiac: If Humans became Cannon then I guarantee that the almost the entire fan base would be in uproar
6ix: when isn’t this fan base not in an uproar
6ix: sorry that was a bad question
6ix: moving on
Zamairiac: Well they'll always be two sides to a decision. Some will like it and most will not. Where I will be depends of how well Hasbro uses their Human idea
6ix: considering all the Greek and roman mythology in MLP would have a half human creature like a Centaur be partially human cannon. Some would even say iron will already crossed that line.
Zamairiac: Perhaps that is so, but I disagree. They may have Human qualities, but they lack everything that would make a Human, an actual Human in the show.
6ix: how do you prepare to write a story?
Zamairiac: I don't
6ix: do you wing it?
Zamairiac: I write everything that comes to me at the time. Sure I think about what I'm about to write, but as far as planning goes. I don't do it, I improvise :)
6ix: I'm supposed to keep my opinions to myself but that would make you very creative writer
Zamairiac: Thank you :)
6ix: what is the worst thing you've seen, read, or experienced in this fandom?
Zamairiac: The worst thing I've ever seen in this fandom would be the sheer amount of hate that come from a supposedly "Love and tolerate" community.
6ix: what was the best?
Zamairiac: I tend not to remember the titles of the stories that I despise. But as for stories in general, I really dislike stories that have the sheer gall to tag itself a Romantic story and then proceed to rush the romance. I hate that with everything I am.
6ix: we got three mins left
6ix: same here
Zamairiac: The worst thing I've experienced would have to be bad authors who delete criticism simply because they don't like it.
6ix: that is pretty bad
Zamairiac: The best thing about this fandom would have to be, in my biased opinion. The good quality romantic stories :)
Zamairiac: I like romance in case you didn't know XD
6ix: lol you and mean both
6ix: I would like to talk more but we have to move on
Zamairiac: Of course
6ix: how long do you think this will all last?
Zamairiac: The fandom?
 Zamairiac: Forever
Zamairiac: The show can end but what it created will never die :)
6ix: last question would you really date even copulate a pony? From the show I mean not ponies in real life...that would be awkward
Zamairiac: In the show? Yes. In real life? No that's disgusting; they didn't even buy me dinner :P
6ix: lol that’s great
6ix: ok thank you so much for agree to meet
Zamairiac: No problem :)
Zamairiac: Thank you for this unique interview :)

Nothing is Set in Stone

I would like to first point out that I don’t care for humans in Equestria. I find them mostly to be self-gratifying.

‘Nothing is set in Stone’ was no different, however, I enjoyed it. The author almost changed my opinion on humans in Equestria. Many could say that there were a few plot holes in the story or lack of detail, but the author was obviously keeping things sweet and simple.

There were a lot of spelling and grammar mistakes; however these mistakes can be chalked up to the authors writing style. There are some points that he utterly avoids proper grammar when the characters were talking; essentially turning them into puppets. Don’t let that fact keep you from giving this story a shot. The delivery was so smooth that I had to re-read it to even notice those mistakes.
The buildup of the story was very well done. I’m embarrassed to say that I had butterflies a few times. The story really does a good job at pulling you in.

There were a few info dumps that broke up the flow of the story. Let me explain, (see what I did there?) almost every other page the author felt the need to go over events of the past.

Over all ‘Nothing set in Stone’ was like spending the weekend at a cottage with a girl/boy/hand.
It was simple, sweet, and romantic. Oh and the second chapter was the night you spent at the cottage.

Overall: B+ (87.75%)
Grammar and spelling: B- (83%)
Story: B+ (88%)
Characters: A- (90%)
Delivery: A- (90%)

Posey
Group Admin

You're much nicer than I am. :rainbowkiss:

Comment posted by 6ix deleted Jul 24th, 2013
Posey
Group Admin

:rainbowkiss:

Just contact me if you need anything, review or otherwise.

6ix
Group Admin

1353920 ok i could use a back massage, cup of tea, a decent woman in my life, and a few million dollars. think you can get right on that?

6ix
Group Admin

1353920 not to decant

and I have tea now

Posey
Group Admin
Fim INK
Group Admin

1353956>>1353920 I think Posey is a girl so...you're being a creep 6ix

6ix
Group Admin

1353974>>1353979

Fim INK
Group Admin

1353974 Sorry about 1354009 he tries too hard sometimes. Your work is great and your eye for quality is a step above our own. We loved your work and hope to see more.

Posey
Group Admin

Just drop a line if you have any more assignments for me, and I'll come a-runnin'.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 10