The Jarhead Clan 29 members · 24 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8
USMC517
Group Admin

Gentlemen, I'm soon hoping to join the Marines, but there area few things that would be really helpful to know before hand.

1: Currently I've run into some back problems, possibly scoliosis (an unnatural curving of the spine) and it hurts a little. Will this prevent me from joining?

2: Back when I was a little hellian I did graffiti and got caught doing it. I know you can get waivers and the like, but would this prevent me from joining?

3: I'm a pretty politically outspoken person, usually saying stuff about the current commander in chief. Would saying stuff like he's a bad president prevent me from joining?

I really appreciate it guys. I'm currently in college and despise it with a passion, so I was more than likely going to drop after this semester was over and join up. So I need some info before hand. Thanks a lot, Marines.

1: Currently I've run into some back problems, possibly scoliosis (an unnatural curving of the spine) and it hurts a little. Will this prevent me from joining?

THIS one right here seems to be the most likely issue that would cause you to be ineligible to join the US Military. I shall pray that this can be corrected so that you may serve in the Corps as you desire.

I do thank you for your desire to Serve. I see no real problems with the other two issues you mentioned, as long as you keep your nose clean and follow regulations while serving.

Corporal Justin P. Emery, USMC (91-95)

USMC517
Group Admin

2898344 I'm hoping it will be corrected, I'm going to see the chiropractor on Friday and see what they say.

2900073 Sorry bud if it's scoliosis.... your pretty much fucked, i saw a wanna be airman get kicked from meps cause of the same thing

USMC517
Group Admin

2903954 Well it doesn't seem to be a major issue as of right now. A good buddy of mine enlisted in the Army and he has a plate in his back from a dirt bike accident, and he got in, so we'll see.

I also have a question for you, there was a guy saying that you weren't in MARSOC. Now I'm not trying to start shit, but honestly, you better not be bullshitting me, because if you are, that's low, bro.

USMC517
Group Admin

2898344 Alright, excellent news! Turns out, no scoliosis. I just twerked my back at work. Just a little physical therapy and I'll be right as rain. My muscles are really tight too so I need to stretch a lot now. But anyway, Imma be alright! :pinkiesad2:

2915717 The other two things you mentioned, I do not see them preventing you from joining, so if you really want this... DO IT! :twilightsmile:

USMC517
Group Admin

2915741 The first books I picked up were about the military... and "Where's Waldo?". So the motivational boner I have for it is substantial to say the least. :twistnerd:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8