Meet The OC's 572 members · 1,144 stories
Comments ( 27 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 27

Im trying to make an OC Pony character and having trouble

4590665 easy what do you need?

have it resemble yourself but with everything you like about yourself and others will like it 2:pinkiehappy:

I want to make him feel as if he has always belonged in MLP FIM

My concept is of a Irish knight who served under king Authur, but he was banished from the kingdom for beating the king and Lancelot in two on one combat. So he stole Excalibur and fled that knight, he hid the sword somewhere it would never b found again. He fell from a cliff while traveling at night, and he died then he woke up in Equestria a pony with the magic to use ice but he has trouble controlling it. His name is Frozen Knight/Arctic Shiver

4590712 there's nothing wrong.

i feel like its missing something though lol

Just make sure he's fleshed out. Make sure he's got a personality. Maybe he's chivalrous and loyal, but has an overwhelming pride stemming from his combat prowess that leads him into trouble. The thing that makes an OC is to make them feel like they're alive. Real people/ponies.

4590725 love interest, personality and probably look

ok thank you, plus he falls in love with Luna because he goes through the same trouble she did, he gets captured and turned into Arctic Shiver who has no control over his ice magic and he plunges Equestria into a permanent winter

i do need help drawing him lol

Shipping OCs are always a tough affair. Make sure to give them an organic relationship that seems like it isn't forced. Build it over time and over the little things that they have in common, like in real life. People can come to know each other through big events like the whole Nightmare Moon/Arctic Shiver thing you're thinking of, but you need to be sure to add substance to keep the relationship going.

To make the relationship work, you could have them within close proximity a lot. With like Luna either teaching him magic or making him a part of her guard, though those kinds of things are done a lot. Challenge yourself to be creative. Hope you have fun with this! Writing OCs is a blast. :twilightsmile:

4590750 ok I'll do what I can I guess

ican tell you what i see him looking like

How about Knight Saves her during the discord situation and thats why you never saw her, when Discord was freed, and she tarts to crush on him but he dose not notice. So she makes him one of her guards and go from there?

his coat is grayish white, he has ice blue eyes, bright blue main with straks of white and dark blue running through it. His cuttie mark is of excalibur

Another thing is to remember that part of what makes the show so popular is strong female characters. Perhaps you could have a bit of a disconnect for Arctic. As a former knight of Arthurian legend, it would probably be hard for him to accept a strong female, preferring to be the knight in shining armor to save the damsel. Luna is a godlike figure, so she often doesn't need saving. That could be a point of conflict and a relationship builder. Arctic at first could rub off as chauvinistic and sexist for a while until he learns that Luna, and mares in general, are just as capable to do things as he is. And his sexism turns into gentlemanly stature.

I could see him letting go of perceived gender roles and power as a really good driving point.

OP OCs are often looked down upon, and if he's already given gigantic magical powers like that, then it could be seen as a Gary Stu kind of deal to have him suddenly save and fall in love with a princess. So always make sure to have problems for the OC, whether they're character driven or story driven.

Ok i like it, BTW Knight is the good side where Shiver is the evil side

Mhm, OC constructing is something I've been getting into a lot. So like the episode 100 moral tells, everypony has a story to tell. They're all unique and different. So when making your OC, give 'em a unique story that would befit their character.

One of the things that I've realized just by going through my life up to this point is that not all OCs have to be of an epic variety like yours will be. OCs can be connected to for what makes them human/pony at large. What makes them tick? Some of the strongest feelings I've gotten from reading or watching media is not to hear about a great hero, but to hear about all the little things. The single parent, the bullied child, the philanthropist realizing how he can be thankful for what he has. Life is full of those tiny, but great moments. I feel that's what's the most rewarding in making OCs. It's why I have so much fun with it. (That said, epic OCs are also awesome, they're just a slight bit harder to avoid Gary Stu Syndrome with).

Would you help me get the story set up?
I'm Dakota Braswell BTW nice to meet you

Oh, sorry, Gary Stu is a trope for the male version of Mary Sue, which is used to describe an OC who is perfect in every way. Signs of a Gary Stu often include really strong powers that most normal characters couldn't hope to have, falling in love with a main character for vague reasons, having a tragic backstory to garner sympathy early on, having all characters like them inexplicably, and to have strangely unique character designs that further differentiate them from other characters unnecessarily.

Mary Sue/Gary Stu is a trope that is generally to be avoided like the plague unless you're doing a satire, which has been overdone by now. It's something to constantly ask yourself when creating an OC.

I don't see why not. I'd rather not share my name unless it's via PM, sorry. :twilightsheepish:

I want to humanize knight lol

Title to my fimfiction
Main series title-My Little Pony Friendship is Magic
Fimfiction Title...
I'm stuck lol

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 27