Weston College (Archived) 51 members · 2 stories
Comments ( 268 )
  • Viewing 251 - 300 of 268
F4D3
Group Admin

As of right now I'm questioning the plausibility of stats being used right now. Iron Galley being banned for whatever reason has sorta halted us being able to decide on an actual system we could use to handle my suggestion of currency and level.

Another thing you should probably add to the application is a question regarding the student's economic stability, which could be as simple as asking "Would you consider yourself upper, middle, or lower class?"

And as for the staff application, perhaps we should take bits from the teacher, prefect, and warden applications and simply lump everything under there, having what role they would like be specified?

Here's an example:

Name:
Bio:
Dorm(If applying for prefect or warden):
Skills:
IQ:
Mental Stability/Likelihood to Pose a Threat to the Other Staff or Students:
Position Applying For:
Reasons for wanting to apply:

Anything I'm missing here?

Staff Application:
Name:
Physical Description:
Bio:

What position are you applying for?

Why do you want this position?

What skills do you bring to this position?

What are three of your key weaknesses? (Please use complete sentences.)

What would you like to accomplish in your time here?

How would you describe your mental stability, and chances of being a threat to others?

Do you have any outstanding felonies or warrants out for your arrest? If so, please explain the circumstances.

Are you a convicted sexual offender? If so, please explain the circumstances.

If there are additional things you would like to tell us about yourself, please do so here:

Midnight Words
Group Contributor

1391942 Iron Gally's banned?

F4D3
Group Admin

I think if we were to lump the prefect/warden application under that as well we would be able to save a lot of space on the application thread.

Last time I checked he was, and if you look at his latest blog post it says he's officially cancelling all his fics, so I don't know what's up with that.

Midnight Words
Group Contributor

1391954 WTF happened...?

F4D3
Group Admin

I have no fricken clue. :applejackconfused:

Just updated to add that. Though it leaves you filling out a bunch of things you already filled out. Shame about Iron Galley. Wonder what he's banned for, and the likelihood of him being unbanned?

--Silvy

Midnight Words
Group Contributor

1391965 Probably some IRL problems, that or he pissed off an Admin...

F4D3
Group Admin

1391971>>1391966
I don't actually know why he got banned, but here's the blog post he made earlier today saying he's stopping all his fics indefinitely. At some point after this happened I checked his user page and it said he was banned.

Midnight Words
Group Contributor

1391985 shit... Hope he gets unbanned...

F4D3
Group Admin

For the repeated application questions, maybe at the top of the form you could say "If you have already filled out a student application, please skip questions 3-5"?

In this case, it'd be "If you have already filled out a student application, please skip questions 2-4, 6-7, 11-12, and 16.". A bit much...

--Silvy

This is what the student work form would look like separately, incidentally.

Student Work Form:
Name:
Dorm(If applying for prefect or warden):

What position are you applying for?

Why do you want this position?

What skills do you bring to this position?

How would you describe your mental stability, and chances of being a threat to others?

Do you have any outstanding felonies or warrants out for your arrest? If so, please explain the circumstances.

Are you a convicted sexual offender? If so, please explain the circumstances.

Ukaih
Group Contributor

1392121>>1391943>>1391879
Those are all excellent forms. Should some post the administration thread. So teachers can fill out the form? Also in Ancient Times rebooted story. He went to Weston College as a Sapphire Owl student. He then became the new history teacher. So can I say he's already working here. But he jus had to just fail out the form again?

Well, first I'd like to be sure if I need to make any changes. Especially if we're going to need any sort of stats added, though it sounds like we might not be doing that. Then I think we should open it to staff first, so that we have all the staff on the list before we start accepting students.

I suspect the staff applications should be approved by C&S initially, since the rest of us aren't technically staff members yet. And we should probably talk about what positions we are going for and what's available, though I think we pretty much know the teachers. We could have a RP thread for that.

For convenience, once we are sure the form is ready, I'd say to just have Ancient Times fill out the staff form. Technically, with his back story, he would have had a student form on file, but since we'll never see him as a student, we only really need the staff form.

--Silvy

Ukaih
Group Contributor

1393363 Indeed. Good Ideas Silversmith. I'll talk to Cielia. We go back some. I was the prefect of Sapphire Owl back in the day. Ah don't let my reminiscing bore you. I'll be on my way.

-Ancient Times

• Viewing 251 - 300 of 268