Discolight 402 members · 72 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5

i just say that dislestia ia born by a theory that Celestia was the Discord's girlfriend. This make me just angry -_-" instead in the REAL show i saw and see that Discord do all for have the Twilight's attentions and always to invade her personal space and on ''Twilight's kingdom" the twilight 's key was the Discord's medallion ,then twilight have a particular connection with him , instead fluttershy is just a friend for him .So ... what do you think about this two couple?

I like all the three mentioned pairings :twilightsmile:

My main ship is Dislestia. Fluttercord is something I like every now and then but I usually prefer friendshipping them over actually pairing them romantically. Discolight kinda grew on me as an afterthought after having shipped Discord with Celestia for so long that I ran out of fics to read and had to look up something else :rainbowlaugh: Doesn't make it any less valid to me though. Love all the ships.

My liking of Dislestia actually didn't start from the theory of them having had a relationship when they were younger. I hadn't even thought of that on my own, only saw it in the fanfics. In fact, I'm not even that huge on the idea anyway, at least not the cliché one with them having been in love since they were kids and such. I prefer something along the lines of Discord immediately finding Celestia beautiful upon seeing her for the first time when she and Luna challenged him for the throne (for the first time), but Celestia not warming up to the idea (if it was even suggested to her directly at all) and thus nothing romantic happening between them until after he is out of the stone again and has the chance to try it again.

If I get right down to it... I ship them because they're both old enough to understand each other in a way not many others can (as in, they could have the "Remember that thing about ponies doing this and that from about 500 years ago? Good times, good times" kinda talks together and feel specially connected by it because they can't have talks like that with a whole lot of ponies), and because of Celestia's height complimenting that of Discord's :pinkiecrazy: There are other reasons that make them work in my opinion, but those are probably the most basic ones I have, not to mention easiest to explain without too many words.

I suppose I should say something about Fluttercord too, while I'm at it. Like I said, I mostly friendship them, but I also occasionally pair them too. The line between friendship and romance is pretty thin so I can easily see their status quo changing as time goes by and they get closer.

*cough* Also, in the REAL show we see Discord giving Celestia a fond look, a bouquet of flowers and a wink to go with it, to which Celestia smiles after her initial surprise. So while there is definitely chemistry between Twilight and Discord, it's actually only something that can be read between the lines only if you have your shipping goggles on; while the rather romantic gesture between Celestia and Discord was blatantly there for all to see. So in canon Dislestia is more supported right now, whether or not either of the pairings are actually gonna happen in the show.

I'm not trying to challenge you here though, just pointing that out :twilightsheepish:

3503258. yes. I know, but i can't see any love with them ,they are just friends, like discord is with fluttershy, but just because she had an other idea for his rule,is because ,like we all know,Celestia have a good heart and we all always see a good in Discord ,when he was bad too.I ship discolight since when season 2 started and now is my OTP and just because he gived at Celestia the flowers is just for apologize .But if you can saw ,when he was bad ,he always stay near Twilight . And after that her friends was their opposites and twilight was about to get out of Ponyville,i don't know why,but i saw Discord was a little sad for her and he removed the cloud by her head and i ship them for other reasons too

3503289 well , the flowers was for fast apologize ,nothing more.And for that,people believe that in season 5 they will be married O.o ?Well, i'm not really against with the ship the same.Thanks for your comprension .I respect all the shippers and i just wanted to write my opinion :twilightblush:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5