Nightmare X 441 members · 118 stories
Comments ( 25 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 25

Unbiasedly who do you think would win in a fight Nightmare Moon or Nightmare Rarity:duck:?

Nightmare Moon, hooves down.

2846128 I want your Nightmare Dash.

2846441 Of course, Nightmare Dash could beat them both. And Celestia. And maybe even Discord.

2846463 An enraged opponent isn't as smart as a calm one and I can forsee Nightmare Dash impacting a wall at high speeds because she fell for a trap.

2846497 Unless she Dark Rainboomed through the wall. You're adding alicorn/NMM magical capabilities to RD's amazing flight skills and Rainboom ability. That's a combination that's hard to beat.

2846529 5ft thick tempered steel then.

Im soory but I must one up your Nightmare Dash with a Nightmare Twilight.....She is the Princess of Freindship and Magic afterall

You'd still lose.....think like this she's breaking the sound barrier and a Magical Light Barriar at the same time....she's going in excess of close to maybe Mack 8 in less than ten seconds flat. If she flies by at that speed your steel will warp and crumble on itself due to force and pressure alone. Not to mention if she can use NMM's Magical prowess.

2850358 Magic + More magic + Ineptitude with wings = Nightmare Twilight is just normal Twilight with extra magic and a palette change. If Nightmare Moon's power is fueling RD's speed, she could approach faster-than-light velocity. And if Twilight's making the decisions, I don't think she'd do very well in a fight; chock it up to lack of experience.

true but in a concept of Evil intention's, Twilights calm demouner as show when she snapped, Her judgment for whats right disappear's, Rainbow just, seems to be able to handle her rejection and dejection. Twilight if she goes evil, She has the true power to total control and or destroy the world
only thing worse than that would be NIghtmare Pinky
(shivers down the spine of all true bronies)

2850753 2852008 Nightmare Fluttershy?

It's always the quiet ones.

2852008 If Rainbow Dash seems to be better at handling rejection, it's probably b/c she's dealt with it more often. She has plenty of reasons to be bitter (Sonic Rainboom, Mare Do Well, etc.), but Twilight? No friends means nopony to be betrayed or failed by. You tap into that bitterness, give it power and a target? Nothing in the world is more dangerous. And if Discorded Pinkie Pie is any indication, corrupting Pinkie costs her her reality-warping and fourth-wall-breaking powers.

No because due to the Pinkie Equation, She is already corrupted, and not

Ehhh giant bunny attack at the worst

2856491 I was at one of Nightmare Pinkie's parties and she offered me a cupcake I said no but asked if she had any other meat. She did have some sort of bird. (I'll let you gues what it was :pinkiecrazy:)

Nightmare Moon... I don't even consider Nightmare Rarity a real Nightmare

2850753 Not sure if this is cheating at all, but I'd like to throw the Nightmare form of my OC, Daniel Hayes. His power outside of the Nightmare form already reaches, if not exceeds, Starlight Glimmer levels (chock that up to coming from an anime-esque world; basically anyone important from there would be that powerful compared to ponies), and the Nightmare form boosts his power while reducing his thoughts to the urge to kill. The downside (and the reason for the kill urge) is that the Nightmare form requires constant feral rage to maintain it, but if any of the Nightmare creatures you guys presented tick him off to that extent, they're all but guaranteed a painful bloody death.

5058383 Oh well if human OCs are on the table, I'll throw Nightmare Jack West into play. He's basically an even more antiheroic Batman, with incredible intelligence, peak-level athletic abilities and mastery of all manner of weapons and firearms. He ended up in Equestria while experimenting with dimensional-gateway technology, and has now refined it enough to be able to jump between Equestria and Earth at will (along with a number of other fictional dimensions). He has a massive armada of drones and attack vehicles at his disposal, along with an ungodly number of guns. He has experience with time travel, has wielded the Alicorn Amulet and the raw power of the Element of Magic, and fought for control of his own body against a rogue Time Lord named the Master and won.

In short, he's a dangerous threat in his own right, but with his full army behind him? Utterly unstoppable. His willpower is strong enough to resist the Nightmare's influence, and with power like that in his hands, he could wipe the floor with anyone.

5058612 1. This Jack West might prove to be a formidable opponent. His army, not so much. (I should mention that Daniel's two main weapons are a two-handed scythe that he wields with one hand, and a cloud of astral energy, reminiscent of Nightmare Moon's main, that he contols telekinetically, usually to impale people on astral spikes. He can use this in his normal form, too.)

2. Funny you should mention the Alicorn Amulet. I'm currently writing a chapter of my fanfic where one of the villains (all of which have power comparable to normal Daniel's, and all but one of which are complete sadists whose sole objective is to make people suffer) steals the Alicorn Amulet and leaves Zecora for dead. Until it consumes his soul toward the very end of the story, it makes him into the other truly terrifying presence in the story.

Speaking of that fic, give me a few chapters for Daniel to actually get his Nightmare form, and I'll add it to this group. Or you could read what I have right now.

5058738 I'm not sure you realize that this is upgraded U.S. military hardware I'm talking about, like Opsreys, Humvees and Predator drones. Each is armed to the teeth with weapons, and there's a literal armada of them. Unless you are Tirek at his most powerful (like all 4 princesses, Discord and all the magic in Equestria), there is quite simply no way to survive this much firepower being used against you all at once.

But my real point was that no, human OCs wouldn't really be considered fair game for this sort of thing, because they usually come with added abilities that tip the scales too far in their favor.

5058754 As a counter to your first point, and proof toward your last, Daniel is actually half-human, half...devil. As in Lucifer is his father (and actually the main villain of my fanfiction). This provides him increased resistance and tolerance (but far from immunity) to damage of all kinds. His scythe is also made of Tartarian alloy (courtesy of his father; ironic considering he's run through with the thing thrice over) that can't break and is permanently super-sharp. So yeah, he'll survive against that army far longer than you'd think. Though...would he have enough strength left to take on Jack West himself after mowing them all down?:applejackunsure:

Keep in mind, like I said, that he's not completely invincible. Sure he's a god among ponies, but put him in the worlds of DBZ or Bleach, and he'll wind up dead sooner or later.

5058612 Going back to the whole Alicorn Amulet thing, I've hit a bit of a creativity block in my fanfic. See, Magic Duel showed a crapton of creative (albeit nonlethal) things the Amulet can do, and the guy that steals it in my story in probably the most creative character I've come up with, at least where his fighting style is concerned. And what does the Amulet add to his arsenal? As of now, just red lightning and a power boost. Not sure what else to give him.

I should mention, the guy's a complete sadist, even before taking the Amulet and basically letting it corrupt him. (What does he care? He was gonna go on a killing spree anyway.) Whatever he uses the Amulet for should be designed to kill ponies (and one demon-human hybrid) as painfully as possible. Torture-based moves are probably best. :pinkiecrazy:

5060711 I've always been of the opinion that the Amulet is just a general power boost (albeit a large one). In the case of a non-magic user, it simply gives them the ability to use magic like a unicorn would (since creating magical ability ex nihilo would require a lot of power already).

5060763 Interesting. In any case, I should probably explain the thief's abilities pre-Amulet. He's a human with one magic ability: he can open holes in space, within a short distance. (Think Portal, but with ALL the restrictions removed.) What makes him creative is that his weapon and fighting style are built around this. In essence, his weapons are an endless supply of diamond-shaped knives that can be chained together. He holds them all up his sleeves, and can shoot the chains out like hookshots. Besides using the portals to make his attacks come from anywhere, he can grab the chains as they come out of his sleeves to use them as short range flails, break the chains at will to make it rain knives, and use the endless fall trick on a knife to make a knife railgun.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 25