The Truthseekerverse 13 members · 4 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5
Sereg
Group Admin

This is the thread where we can discuss possible fics with the other members of the group.

Personally, I can give you quick synopses of the fics I currently have planned in the meantime.

A Debt to the Stars: "The stars will aid in her escape." That was the agreement. But Nightmare Moon did not live up to her end of the bargain. Now, the ponies she raised have escaped from the stars and want vengeance. So they break out and raise another of Celestia's relatives. One who was hated by his relatives far beyond what Nightmare Moon ever was. Morning Star.

The Last Use of Antlers: It is the most important festival of the cervids, with the largest ceremony deep in Deerope attended by representatives of all races and competed in by members of cervid tribes from around the world. And this year, Star Swirl, Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash have been chosen to attend as representatives of Equestria.

A Talon in Diplomacy: Star Swirl has requested to be sent to the Gryphon Kingdom as part of a diplomatic entourage. But when tragedy strikes, it will take all her skill to prevent a diplomatic incident from escalating to catastrophic levels.

The Moulds of Opposition: One of Star Swirl's old enemies has allied with other enemies of Equestria. Their plan? To recruit six very special ponies and forge a set of artifacts with power rivalling that of the Elements of Harmony themselves. Should their plan succeed, they will have their revenge and Equestria will fall from it's height as a superpower in misery and chaos.

These are currently my most fleshed out ideas. I have other rough ideas as well. One I'm still considering is whether or not I should write a prequel story about the Cosmic War which occured at the end of Discord's first reign.

Feel free to suggest, question and discuss.

What's your opinion about the concept of Discord being Starswirl the first after an improper alicornification spell (his famous 'unfinished' spell)?

(Kinda expecting the big "N", "O", but I can't help asking)

Sereg
Group Admin

1294080 Thank you for asking. I don't like that hypothesis very much, though I admit that there are nice things about it. Still, in the Truthseekerverse, Discord was hatched a draconequus and has draconequus parents and siblings.

Sereg
Group Admin

I've ... got an idea.

I'm not sure if I should go through with it and if I should make it canon if I do. Especially as it requires some character exagerration to work, but:

Plutonia's Application: [Comedy] [Random] Pluto decides that enough is enough. She isn't being challenged enough to learn anything in Magic Kindergarten and it is time to apply for Princess Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns. Celestia decides that if Pluto WANTS a challenge, she's going to GET one. If Pluto wants to get in, abusing her powers as Alicorn of Death to cheat may not be enough.

Sereg
Group Admin

So ... Now that I've started A Debt to the Stars, I need to get more seious about The Last Use of Antlers.

Now, it's been pointed out to me, that Applejack would make a better ambassader and judge for The Last Use of Antlers than Pinkie will. Sooooo ... Do I replace Pinkie with AJ, use both, throw in Fluttershy while I'm at it? Other judges from Equestria I'm considering using: Spitfire and Lyra! I'm open to other suggestions as well. Both for canon characters and OCs (old and new). Judges and medics are coming in from all over the world. Though, naturally, I cant show that many in intricate detail.

Sooo ... A bit more detail on what The Last Use of Antlers actually IS: It's a combination festival, competition and political manuevre. Cervids are the only race whose power depends on the time of year. They get progressively more powerful throughout the year ... and then their antlers fal off, rendering completely without magic (the effect is not quite so dramatic in evergreen deer, their cosmics, which just she the ends of their antlers, but there we go). As such, The Last Use of Antlers is their most importnt festival where they make their most important decisions and show off what they can do to each other and to the other nations. Their will be some inspiration drawn fom The Moonstone Cup, I confess, but things will go a bit differently. It is also the time that the cervids tend to forge their artifacts and carve their runes so that they are not left defenseless while weak. Which is quite important of course. Anyway, the competition is a test of magical combat and skill, judged by representatives of every non-cervid race. This is quite important for the diplomatic relationships between the cervids and the other races.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5