The Truthseekerverse 13 members · 4 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3
Sereg
Group Admin

All right. I thought that I should have a thread for any questions that anyone wishes to ask me (and possibly other future authors).

I reserve the right to refuse to answer due to spoilers, because I'd prefer to leave that undecided at this point or because I consider the question incredibly personal, but there's a good chance I can give the information you want.

Go ahead!

I have a question!

Why did you decide to name it "The Truthseekerverse"?

(I must have missed the explanation on the TVT thread.)

Sereg
Group Admin

1164065 Well, the most important reason is <spoilers for the end of Star Swirl and Stripes Forever redacted>

Okay, seriously, as was pointed out by one of my proofreaders (Not-Murphy), one of the major themes of the central stories of the verse is the theme of "discovery" and that I should use that in the title. This is true not just for the first three fics, but for A Debt to the Stars, The Last Use of Antlers, A Talon in Diplomacy and even in a fic where the discovery is happening more for the villians.

The Handle suggested the name, and I realised that it fit really well and allowed my ending for fic three to be less pretentious, which is a good thing.

Also, my need to have long, complicated titles with nouniting theme made things difficult.

(Honestly, the spoiler isn't big, and I'd give it out if I knew how to make spoiler tags here.)

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3