Collegia Arcana 9 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 142 )
  • Viewing 101 - 150 of 142
Stone Knight
Group Admin

Just roll with the hands. If it helps, imagine focusing on a horn.

The most I noticed was that it was a tingly feeling on the front of my skull, and lacking any previous experience in thinking nothing, found it rather hard to just let my mind drift. In fact, I was compiling this response while trying to do so.

Unfortunately I can't feel anything. Is this supposed to be a form of meditation?

Okay, weird tingly thing is done. Now what?

I'm voting yes, but last time I checked I'm not omnipotent.

Stone Knight
Group Admin

Right. It varies from person to person, but most of you should have felt that tingling sensation. I use that as my mental focus. Whenever I'm stressed or angry, I rest two fingers on there and give it a gentle push to bring myself back to center.

Accomplished Mentalists must be able to maintain that tingling feeling constantly, and for good reason. Each spell they use is close to Breaking Magic, which you all know encourages a lack of discipline when using. When they lose focus, they lose discipline. When they lose discipline, they make things happen.

When you say it varies person to person, do you mean in method for maintaining mental focus?

Stone Knight
Group Admin

Yes. And some people don't feel a tingle. Or they feel it further up on their head, or on their nose.

Mine felt like madness eating me from the inside.

So then what does an individual who does not feel the tingle have to do to create or have a mental focus?

Stone Knight
Group Admin

Speak with me after class, if you want to learn more about that. Some people call it chakras, I call it a focus point.

Stone Knight
Group Admin

Now, because I am a Paladin, I may be biased, but I can present you with what I know to be true. Mentalists are rare and powerful. Most won't be able to attack you directly, but then again most won't need to. Most Mentalists, however, choose to live away from others. They really can't handle the pressure of being surrounded by all those minds constantly, without a break. Imagine that buzzing tingle, but inside your head and all directions constantly, and much more intense.

Is it any wonder, then, that they are feared? They are dangerous, but so are the rest of us. They are mysterious, but so are most Clerics. But it is their refusal to be around others that damns them, I think. They are not well known, and people fear what they don't know.

So are there any Mentalist only communities other than Luna's capital?

Stone Knight
Group Admin

Should you take the path of the Mentalist, you can expect a long and difficult road. Be honest. After learning what you've learned today, how many of you are afraid?

I love a challenge. Even when it kills me. Uhh...

Do you have previous experience with dieing?

I believe I can honestly say that I am not afraid consciously of Mentalists but there might be an unconcious fear but that can be said of any of groups of magic users.

Stone Knight
Group Admin

Some convenes, maybe a few villages far away from others, but no official ones. Those in Convenes have to live somewhere, though.

I'm afraid that ponies may not really be what they tell me. Gender spells.........*shudders*

Your more concerned about that sort of thing than hiding their entire identity?

Stone Knight
Group Admin

This is a lesson that is taught to Mentalists first, but I think it should be taught to all young magic users. It is imperative that you learn when to use your powers, and for what purposes. All too often I see apprentices using magic to move their books when they're capable of getting them themselves. Magic is not a toy, or a party trick. It is a tool, and a dangerous one at that, just like an ax in the wrong hands.

So, with that in mind, throw yourselves into magic. It is wonderful and amazing and useful, but it needs to be used carefully. You have power over others, and it's up to you not to abuse that power, no matter how easy it may seem.

Stone Knight
Group Admin

Does it matter in that situation?

Sort of. The spells can also hide identity too, you know.

Does that mean we are all the Mysterious Mare-Do-Well now?

Of course if your in that situation your just another spell away from things being okay again.

Stone Knight
Group Admin

It means you're a magic user in training, and you'd better damn well act like it.

Like some mad experiment that went horribly right?

*Snaps at attention and salutes* Yessir.

Stone Knight
Group Admin

Right. So, as per usual, tonight's homework is picking the class that best suits you. Really think about this. Due on Monday, which is when the next class will be. I've been called to the Regia(BronyCon) to consult (Geek Out) on matters of some importance. Any further questions?

Where is bronycon this year?

Stone Knight
Group Admin

Just like you said you would, you lucky son of a gun. :ajbemused:
By class, you mean overall, not just one of the many Disciplines?

You know there's a Resturant there I think you should check out. It's called Dick's Last Resort. I think you'll have fun there.

Stone Knight
Group Admin

Discipline, of course. My apologies.

Stone Knight
Group Admin

I've been there once. It was an experience.

Do you remember what the hat you got said when you went?

Stone Knight
Group Admin

Something about my genitalia, if I remember. Or lack thereof.

Damn, you got a good one...They couldn't come up with anything for me so they quickly wrote one up before me and my dad left when we went. It was "I miss prison showers." Much too vague.

• Viewing 101 - 150 of 142