Equestria Girls. NEVER HAPPENED 110 members · 16 stories
Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10

Yeah, judging from what I've read on tvtropes, they did effort into fixing the mistakes they made in the first movie. Still not going to see it though.

Two problems though:
1. The tumor known as Flash Sentry
2. The stinger hinting that this franchise will continue

3671674 Who knows, maybe the third will be the last.

Oh, and human Twilight's Spike is indeed a non-talking dog.

3671659 Rainbow Rocks is decent?! Damn, I AM in hell. I knew I was gonna go there someday, but I didn't think it would be so soon.

Comment posted by Azrael the alicorn deleted Oct 2nd, 2014

3671699 Decent? No, i think that Oliver said something like "Is still flawed, but less than the first one".
It's not that hard, i mean, once you touched rock bottom it's hard to do it worst.
I think that Tommy Oliver is bit to much nice in some of his reviews, after all he think that Filly Vanilli and Power Ponies is a weak episode and nothing more.

3671715 Like everyone else who is also nice when critizising season 4?

3671730 Well, everyone is free to have opinions about seasons, there is people who dosen't even like the number 2!
What i can't forgive is the fact that Oliver say that some plot-holes are only nitpick when they are truly problems with the movie. And i can't say that im a fan of Crybaby Shimmer.

It's not that hard, i mean, once you touched rock bottom it's hard to do it worst.

The designs are worse. I hate how they CONSTANTLY keep changing the appearances the of Mane 6!

I pray there is not going to be a third movie. But with the ignorant praising and lack of crisitism from the vast majority, it's a high possiblity.

3671659 I actually was able to list five things I liked about this movie, in comparison to the original one, where I barely was able to list more than two.
Cons:
-Spike is still a dog.
-Terrible songs.
-Lots of characters act OOC--well, not exactly, but their personalities are inflated by 100x to add conflict to the story.
-There are pointless subplots galore.
-As well as pointless cameos and cultural references (bringing back flashbacks to Disaster Movie)
-And that pointless romance that never goes anywhere.
-Oh yeah, and the deus-ex-machina ending that reminds me of the end of a Stephen King miniseries. Fuck that shit.
-And let's not forget, there are even less ponies in this than the last one. (Only 5 minutes of ponies in a movie that has "My Little Pony" in the title? Wtf?!)

Pros:
-The villains are actually likeable, and not just three Sunset Shimmer clones. Infact, they remind me of younger versions of the witches from Hocus Pocus.
-Vinyl Scratch's cameos actually added something to the story, instead of being pointless.
-Maud Pie's cameo, while pointless, gets a like from me because Maud is my second favorite pony.
-The animation is improved for the scenes with the humans.
-And there's an easter egg at the end which is also really awesome.

So yeah, I still think it's bad but it's better than the original EqG.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 10