Equestria Girls. NEVER HAPPENED 110 members · 16 stories
Comments ( 12 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 12

Thanks. I want to do a review of it and tear into that piece of anus ASAP.

-Kirb

3660379 I found the final battle.

I actually find it very decently composed. Yes, the lyrics are still kinda' tripey and phoned in, but it's a far cry in quality compared to the first film. On first impression, I'm actually getting some Journey vibes from the end part.

Also, before you tear me up for what I have just said, just remember who's saying it.

*not watching that video so my reactions and commentary on the movie will remain unsoiled*
You still want to watch it with Stiggerzz and me when the whole thing is eventually posted?

3660573 Yeah, just tell me where and when and I'll see what I can do.

Skype as always.
Just have to wait for Stiggerzz to get back from his con and wait for it to be posted.
I went ahead and made the Skype group for it and added you.

3660547 You know, I think this could work for me if the main 6 lose the battle.

Hear me out.
We all expect them to win, and we all know the series of events that will happen: the villains will turn into some demon things, the main 6 will turn into furries, blast the villains with rainbows, and win (by cheating, but okay). And then the villains will have their heel-face turn and immediately become allies. But suppose the main 6 actually lost?
Not only would it go against all cinematic conventions and audience expectations, but it will also teach the audience a valuable lesson: that winning isn't everything, that you can't always get what you want, but that the important thing is playing the music, having fun with it, and putting your all into it. And that is the essence of rock and roll.
That ending is what cemented the movie School of Rock as my favorite musical set at a school of all time. (That and the star power of Jack Black, of course)

And while I haven't seen the ending of this--I'll wait until I actually watch the whole movie--I think my idea for it could actually work a lot better. What do you think?

-Kirb

3660687 That, and you also have one of cinema's greatest current film auteurs behind the wheel.

I am not going to ruin my brain any further. Having EQG1 in my mind is more than enough!

3678653 I saw the sequel via low quality audience recording and, tbh, it's actually a lot better. (I gave a list of pros and cons here.)

Too many cons = no way in hell I'm watching that!

That's not the only reason, those horrible mane 6 designs and the rock band plot are the main reason why I don't want to watch it.

Just give me a decent, Pre-Season 3 MLP movie.

3680935 Give it credit for actually having 5 pros, which is 2 more than I could list for the first movie!

But yeah, I agree with you. Still wanna review this when I have the time though.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 12