The Sunfall Universe 82 members · 6 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11

We know what Twilight picked when given the opinions, however I doubt all of us would have the force of will to be able to put things into their favor like that.

Which of aspect would you have picked?

P.S. The third option is Life and Death's offer.

I would've picked Chaos. #1 motivator there is that Celestia has essentially solidly entrenched Order into that world, so picking Chaos will make the world more balanced than picking Order.

And no matter how much I despise such concepts like Anarchy, which fall under the category of Chaos, the slavery of Celestia's order is a worse alternative imo.

Remember however that the world will always swing towards an extreme.

Also interesting thing to note: Anarchy would most likely end up in the Order side of things. Being what it is and the nature of sentient beings being what they are whoever gets access to the biggest stick starts forming a(n) kingdom/empire/country/barony/insert-term-of-choice. (At least that's how I think how things would turn out)

No, Anarchy is Chaos, but it leads to Order. (Anarchy has always proven to be nothing more than a chaotic transition between two paradigms of Order).

However, this is magical pony land, where Chaos is governed by an aspect, not politics. Case in point, Pony sorcerers harnessing chaos magic to spin cities out of cotton candy.

'Twas just a thought, don't look too deeply into it.

life and death.
that or chaos, because if it wasn't for discord I'm not sure if any of this wouldhave been possible.
Technically he's the only one out of the 4 sides that didn't use/betray her.
All he wanted was to see a show.

FloydienSlip
Group Admin

1154943 I have to agree with you. Life and Death's offer or Chaos.

1154943>>1155221

No love for Celestia and the "Greater Good"?

I mean what's really interesting in her plan was the fact that in the final stage she was not in fact erasing free-will but just removing the possibility of negative thought and actions. Admitably that seems like the erasing of free-will, however it is more involved with he idea that free-will is good as long as the actions do not harm people.

Interestingly enough was Twilight telling her about how she would have likely agreed with Celestia and gone along with her plan had Celestia told her about what was going on.

P.S. Not really agreeing with Celestia here just pointing out a merit and a comment from Twilight.

I couldn't care less about Celestia and her "Greater good".
She can go get hit by a truck for all I care.

Moving on.
If she removes their ability to think/feel anything that isn't "Harmonous", then that is in itself a form of taking away free will.
She'd be taking away their right to be angry, sad, greedy, and so on.

And Twilight said that?
Don't know what she was smokin.
Why would anyone want to live in a place where everyone's ALWAYS happy?
Not that it'd matter for Twilight since she wouldn't be around to see it.

I'm just using Celestia's own arguments for her position.

I understand it is taking away free will to do that, it's just interesting the arguments she puts forward.

LET'S ALL BE HAPPPYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.
It is said that the contrast with sadness allows us to distinguish happiness from everything else, but always happy does have it's merits.

Twilight actually seems all for the "Greater Good", at one point she considers the sacrifice but rejects it due to her own ideological principals on free-will as well as her personal feelings on vengeance, love, etc.

I must have either missed or forgotten the part where Twilight said that.

Anyway, I respect Celestia's opinion, I just don't like it.
At all.
I do however like the whole, doing the wrong thing for the right reasons mentality.
From what I see, every move she made she was trying to keep Equestria's intrests at heart.
It's just that she's gone a million miles past overboard.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11