Power Rangers Crossover Group 294 members · 133 stories
Comments ( 21 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 21

Power Rangers and Super Sentai have had many different power-ups for their characters. Sometimes they're for the whole team, and sometimes they're only for the red ranger. What I would like to know is which ones you consider the best and worst ones, and why you consider them that way. For me, the best power-up is the S.P.D./Dekaranger Battlizer. I loved how it took a piece of pre-established technology in the form of R.I.C./Murphy K9 and turned it into flying battle armor that can allow a single ranger to take down a monster, which seems much more useful/practical than having the robotic dog turning into a bulky cannon that takes five rangers to wield and takes time to aim, time that the monster could use to escape. Admittedly, I find the battlizer was used much better in Mahou Sentai Magiranger vs. Dekaranger, but I still find it's the best looking power-up. It's sleek and it seems to blend almost perfectly with all the other technology the rangers had that season. For the worst power-up, I go for the Red Armored Ranger from Lost Galaxy. This armor just seems really out of place, like it's from a completely different series. Lost Galaxy had animals for the themes of the costumes, and the powers seem to be mystical in nature, along with the galactic key which granted Leo the power, so it seems pretty odd that the power-up looks like a sci-fi jet with robotic claws. It takes the mostly red and white outfits that had gold accents, and covers it in a large amount of silver with dark green. The metal foot coverings make it look like the red ranger would have a difficult time walking to me, and the claws, even with the ability to extend as far as they do make it look like enemies can easily overwhelm him because he can’t turn quickly enough to attack villains to his side. Add to the fact the shoulder and back parts are so bulky, enemies could easily shoot or attack him in the back because he can’t see them, even when the cannon/nosecone is down. So those are my choices for the best and worst power up, what are yours?

Aegis Steelshield
Group Admin

I'm fond of the Triassic Ranger, from Dino Thunder.

1993541 The Triassic Ranger look was pretty cool.

Aegis Steelshield
Group Admin

I liked his sword.

1993587 Yeah, I usually found the series' blade weapons were cooler than the guns.

1993619 I prefer the Dragon Dagger.

Aegis Steelshield
Group Admin

Saban is thinking about making a PG13 Green Ranger movie.

1993642 I've heard, it sounds pretty cool.

1993953 Which power-up do you consider the worst?

Aegis Steelshield
Group Admin

Sparkly armor from MMPR.

1994150 Aww, I had completely forgot about the Metallic Armor until now. Man that sucked, though I still think the Red Armored Ranger was a little worse.

Aegis Steelshield
Group Admin

Red Armored Ranger?

1995345 From Lost Galaxy

Aegis Steelshield
Group Admin

I actually liked that one. It did it's job.

1995433 That's okay, I said my favourite power-up was the S.P.D. Battlizer and I heard a lot of people hate that one. To each their own.

Aegis Steelshield
Group Admin

A lot of people hate the Disney era. Personally, I liked most of it.

1993527 The best power up has to be without a doubt the dragon shield. It can protect the wearer from harm if they have the dragon dagger, it fits snuggly on the costume without restricting movement, and it has healing powers. Plus it can be transfered from one ranger to the next.

The worst power up has to be the Super Samurai Shogun Mode since outside of the final battle it could be only accessed inside the cockpit and really didn't serve much of a purpose. They already have Super Samurai Mode and Shark Attack Mode, both of which seemed to be very effective power boosters. Then there's the fact that there was a Shogun Green and Shogun Yellow that were never used.

Worst power-up? Metallic Armor. In the words of Linkara: IT'S FRIGGIN' GLITTER!

If we talk about Power-Ups my favorite would be the SWAT Mode from SPD, but in the case of Battlizers my favorite would be the Red Battle Warrior from Time Force.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 21