Mormon Bronies 108 members · 233 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
All of the Above
Group Contributor

I hope you guys had a wonderful holiday season. Now, it's time to go back to our lives, while keeping the Spirit of the Lord within us. Now, onto the lesson.

Fast Sunday. The first Sunday of every month where we refrain from eating two consecutive meals, and then use the money that we would have used for those meals and give it to those in need.

When I was younger, I didn’t like this because selfish little me liked eating food. And being denied that didn’t sit well with me. With age, I started realizing a lot of stuff about the church. Everything we do has a purpose, even if it might seem stupid or boring.

So, Fast Sunday. This is something that I feel everybody is super selfish about. Whenever I go to church, people ignore Fast Sunday and eat anyway. People constantly complain about not being able to eat. When the deacons get handed their fast offering packets, they try to pawn it off on the older kids. A lot of the time, I don’t see it as often as I did in the past, but they would somehow manage to skip Fast Sunday while their parents managed to show up.

First of all, we have to get over not eating for two meals. Based on scientific fact (a smart person told me), we can touch survive three weeks without food. This is barely even a day.

Now, I’m hoping that you guys aren’t greedy like that. You can deal with not eating for a little bit, and maybe even are willing to donate some cash to Fast Offerings. Where your money goes to help people in need.

Here’s a little too about how to make the most of fasting. Fast with a purpose. Fast with others in mind. Whether it be that couple down the street that are having problems with marriage. Of that guy who’s in the hospital who can’t work and can’t supply money for his family. Almost anything is worth fasting for.

Also, start and end your fast with a prayer. Starting with the thanks for the opportunity to fast and then talking about what you’re fasting for. Ending again with thanking The Lord for the opportunity to fast and about what you’re fasting for.

In conclusion, Fast Sunday is a lot more than just not eating for a little bit. If we do what was intended for us, Fast Sunday can very well become your favorite time of each month.

-Joe

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1