Mormon Bronies 108 members · 233 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8
All of the Above
Group Contributor

We've all been a victim of temptation. Some us have to deal with it almost everyday. Personally, I've had more than one temptation to stab some annoying kid swearing in my face because I would rather go to a church activity rather than support our high school track team. And the saddest part is that that same kid goes to church and partakes of the sacrament. But that's a topic for another day.

Anyways, the point is that I have been tempted before. Sometimes when I'm tempted I don't even know what's going on around me. I'm in class on day, and I get this temptation. A temptation so strong that I can't register what the teacher is saying, I can barely even here a noise. Everything happens in front of my face, and I can't do a sing thing about it. I go through out that entire class hour not understanding what the assignment is, or even what the words on the page say.

And here comes the point of this.

Recently, I've been listening to a Christian rock band known as Red. They're a hard rock band, most of their songs are pretty intense. One of their songs, Fight to Forget, has struck a chord with me. While it's true that a lot of their songs don't have much to do with their religion, they do have some that are very much spiritual messages. And since we're technically Christian, some of their songs we can take as lessons.

Fight to Forget is a song about temptation. At least, that's what I think it's about. The lyrics are certainly pointing in that direction. The first line in the song seals the deal for me. "You're as monster in my mind."

And that's what temptation is. A monster in your mind. Satan has specifically put those in our heads so that he can lead us away from the path of righteousness. And those kind of monsters can certainly make you feel like monsters.

"Your love is a lie."

If you've given into the temptation, then its influence on your life can be misleading. Though we think that what we're doing is perfectly okay and isn't harming you or anybody else, its true motivations aren't for your benefit. What this lyric s saying is that the temptation's sweet nature and outside appearance may be appealing, but it's hiding a knife behind its back. And when you're close enough to get a hug from it, that's the perfect opportunity for it to strike.

The overall message of the song is to fight to forget your wrong doings. That doesn't mean to deny that you've done some bad things. Own up to your mistakes and recognize them as such. But we need fight the temptation and forget its influence on our lives. D&C 58: 42-43 says, "By this ye may know if a man repenteth of his sins-- behold, he will confess them and forsake them." If we have sinned, it is our responsibility to confess our sins and seek help from your bishop to help you find forgiveness for whatever sin you have committed.

In conclusion, to truly seek forgiveness from the Lord, confess and forsake your sins, fight to forget the influence of the sin. Though it will never truly go away, we can try are hardest to keep ourselves clean and righteous.

May God be with you 'till we meet again.
-All of the Above

Where the actual refried soybean oil is the upvote button?

All of the Above
Group Contributor

Refried soybean oil.

Thank you. I really needed this.

I really needed this

this.... is all over the place. But, good moral(i think). Thanks for posting.

Yes.
Also, found the button.
Also, found the song.
And that song is sickkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk I think I have a new band I'm going to splurge-listen to this morning.

I find it really cool how you can find spiritual messages any where you look, if you try :twilightsmile: Thank you for sharing this with us.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8