Mormon Bronies 108 members · 233 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6
Legion222
Group Admin

So now that group notifications are back, I wanted to see if anyone was still interested in the group collab idea from a while back (first mentioned here).

For those of you who don't remember/weren't here, the idea is a bit of a tribute to the Doors collab by Stickpage. Tentatively entitled Discordant Doors, the collab would be a story comprised of individual chapters written by members of the Mormon Bronies. Only a few basic rules apply, and aside from those each writer would have complete discretion over what they do with their chapter(s).

Rules:
1. SFW only.
2. Discord must be significantly involved, though he doesn't need to be the main character (i.e. The story is told from someone else's perspective).
3. It must begin with mention of Discord exiting a door, and end with him entering one. The doors may be conjured out of thin air, or he may decide to use a regular doorway to enter/exit the universe.
4. Discord may not enter the universe he came from. Any other MLP universe is fine, but not the one in which he went dimension hopping instead of being imprisoned.
5. At the end of each chapter, no lasting change to Discord may have occurred. No grievous injuries, lost limbs, changed attitude, new companions coming with him, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera.

Within those parameters, anything goes. In fact, even rule number five can be broken with impunity so long as the change doesn't last through him entering the end door. Discord loses an arm? Alright, because at the end he is described as snapping his fingers and growing a new one. Get it? This rule is only in place to prevent continuity from getting screwy because somebody decided they wanted to do something drastic.

Now, when I say "anything goes" (please don't make me regret this) , I mean it. Anything from a long, well-thought-out and meaningful one-shot to a <1000-word "What would happen if X,Y,Z?" is acceptable. Crossovers, ship fics, comedies, whatever you want to do.

Anyway, I just wanted to know if anyone was still interested in this idea.

Write on,
Legion

I wish I could, but all of my stories are either mature (the only one I have so far) or teen (the one I'm writing.)

Legion222
Group Admin

There's nothing there that disqualifies you from taking part. All you would have to do is write a chapter that fits the above crieteria. Just because you've primarily written Mature-level stories so far, doesn't mean you can't write an Everyone- or Teen-level one-shot for the collab.

Of course, participation is entirely voluntary, so you don't have to take part if you don't want to.

Write on,
Legion

While this certainly seems interesting, I'm too logically-minded to write a character as chaotic as discord with as little writing practice as I've had. That said, I'll still see if I can come up with something, but don't count on it.

Hmmm, perhaps I could whip something up. In fact, it would be kind of interesting to write a chapter that fits both into the story I'm currently working on (Ponies Playing Doom) that can also be placed as its own standalone chapter in this project... just a thought. Whatever the case, I would certainly be glad to join in on this! :scootangel:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6