The Collab Group 111 members · 90 stories
Comments ( 60 )
  • Viewing 51 - 100 of 60
superpony55
Group Admin
F4D3
Group Admin

Thanks, I think we can use it to build her character a bit further.

She could have some type of dream journal in which she writes down all her thoughts during key moments of the story. Given what we have of her already, I'd say it could work.

superpony55
Group Admin

Another good idea!

Just something I noticed. You said both parents were pegasi. I'm not going to claim to be a MLP geneticist here, but I'd say that if two ponies of the same type breed (Pegasus in this case), they both are going to contribute a dominant (pegasus) allele. In my mind some ways for you to get an unicorn with two pegasi parents would be:
- Adoption (Could explain need to belong and feel accepted. Plus add more meaning to wanting to fly. Just think of the feels you could play with!)
- Someone cheated (Drama!)
- The parent's would have to come from a mixed genealogy. This would allow for unicorn alleles to be recessive. If both parents carried a recessive unicorn allele then the potential to have a pegasus son and a unicorn daughter would be plausible.
- Swapped at birth (This one is kind of...... eh.)

Just my thoughts. Also, as time permits, I wouldn't mind pre-reading/ editing for mistakes, grammar issues, or continuity errors. Another pair of eyes never hurts.

F4D3
Group Admin

I think part of the explanation as to how she could be a unicorn even though her parents are pegasi goes to the Cake family. Both of them are Earth ponies, yet they gave birth to both a pegasus and a unicorn.

Her being adopted might not work in the end, seeing as how a major plot point was her parents wanting a pegasus. Unless they found her on the street or something I couldn't see adoption as a plausibility.

Cheating... I like it, I like it a lot. Her focusing on her one true dream while her family falls apart around her sounds completely brilliant to me. If technology is the way she eventually achieves her goal then perhaps her real father/mother could contribute to the story as well.

Rest assured, I'm currently working on the prologue in between my other projects, and once I'm finished I'd be more than happy to let you pre-read it.

1307668 With the Cake family though, I don't know if it's been disclosed, but we don't know the Cake's parents, so that does leave room for the mixed genealogy theory. (I'm still trying to work out what the parents would have to be to allow for both recessive alleles for unicorn and pegasus phenotypes. That would also mean that they'd be fraternal twins too. [They are twins correct?]) Then again we are dealing with magical talking ponies so I suppose anything is possible, but I'm just thinking about how things work biologically.

F4D3
Group Admin

Yeah, I know what you mean. Even in the show they played them having a pegasi a and unicorn filly as a joke about biology in itself. I do believe wholeheartedly that there is in fact a science behind how Equestria works, and that it is worlds different than how ours does. I don't think they're twins, but I could be wrong.

1309420 They have to be though. They were, but they both were birthed around the same time. They look the same age. To the MLP wikia!

Edit: Verified that they are fraternal twins.

superpony55
Group Admin

Are we still doing this, or should I just work on it alone?

F4D3
Group Admin

I'd still be up for doing this if you are.

superpony55
Group Admin

If not, I'll work on it alone. It's just we haven't worked on it for 33 weeks.

• Viewing 51 - 100 of 60