LAN PARTY GROUP 24 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4

So me and Tripl3M (The creator of the group) were playin some Magic The Gathering on Magic Workstation and had ideas for 2 game modes we feel would be fun for the MTG players in the group:

YTG Magic, but with Yu-Gi-Oh rules. All mana is taken out of the deck and you play everything like it's a Yu-Gi-Oh card. The main rule is pretty much that any card that costs 4 or more mana, you must 'summon' it by sacrificing 1 card, and 7 or more mana requires sacrificing 3 cards.

Next is 'Screw mana screw': Basically you have infinite mana, but you can only play one card per turn. Every other turn it increases the amount of mana cost you can summon in. (For example your turns 1 and 2 you can summon in mana 2 or less, your turns 3 and 4 summon anything 3 or less, your turns 5 and 6 costs 4 and lower, so on and so forth.) Any card that increases mana in the mana pool only has the effect until end of turn. Any mana pool doubling cards have no effect on the mana pool. They still have summoning sickness and no cards can increase the amount of mana costs you can use, or how many cards you can play. one example, cards, like Omnath will not affect the Mana Pool. The Mana Pool resets every turn. Omnath strengh and toughness will still increase like normal.

Any ways to make the modes a little less broken can be posted below (In reply to this one of course, so I get a notification) and it will be changed accordingly. If you would like to play via Magic Workstation, feel free to message me or Tripl3M.

1475471 Well I like the YuGiOh one but there are some issues...You need to include a spell and trap function for the game as there are enchantments, instants, Sorcery, etc. So you guys should try to figure it out for that portion

Well we will talk it over and edit this once he wakes up later, thanks for the suggestion on the change and if you'd like to play this mode sometime, message me and we can do so U^.^U

1476119 lol well i have trip on my skype messages...he can probably tell me the new rules and i can provide feedback as well:pinkiehappy:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4