FlutterSpike 520 members · 164 stories
Comments ( 15 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 15

So, after the recent 'heated debate' (I use that term loosely) in the 'Why do you ship FlutterSpike?' thread, I've decided to change some things.

One, no more arguing on shipping pairs.

I mean, come on people, really? If you don't like a ship, then just avoid it and don't naysay it. You know it's going to happen anyway, so what is your opinion going to matter over anything? Now look, I don't mind GENERAL DISCUSSIONS on pairings, but if it gets to the point where you have to fling around curse words to get your point across, I'm going to step in. And someone is going to get banned, no questions asked. Don't test me.

Secondly, for god's sake, I can't stress this enough. Try to just be nice.

On a side note, try to keep everything FlutterSpike related as possible. I don't mind if you socialize in some threads, but try to remember what the actual group is, eh?

Comment posted by TheAmazingPeanuts deleted Oct 12th, 2014

2407692:yay: just:yay:... anyways, thats pritty sad. hpe everything is smoth sailing from her on out, mostly:derpytongue2:

`the heartless generosity:moustache:

2407758 Yeah, sorry about that. Some people just don't know when to shut the hell up.

To apologize, I got you a heart! :pinkiesad2::pinkiecrazy:

2407692 To cheer you up, here's the best G3 Spike gif ever.

2407692 Alright, alright. But let me just point out that I wasn't the one swearing.
Let us continue to ship Flutterspike in peace.:pinkiehappy:

Comment posted by TheAmazingPeanuts deleted Oct 12th, 2014

If you don't like a ship, then just avoid it and don't naysay it.

Indeed.
But then I'm compelled to ask: Why won't you just ignore the conversation that was taking place in that treat you just block, because you didn't like it?

But I truly thank you for closing that thing. Now Overkill won't tell me if XineLegacy posted a new comment that I should check.

2407692 I hate to be "that guy", but....

To be fair, it was sort of your own fault. The "debate" thread was pretty much dead, and had been for over a month and a half until you decided to (ironically enough) tell people to stop when they pretty much already had, something which (predictably) blew up in your face when it started again.
There's a time and a place for intervention, but 6 weeks after the fact is not it. When a heated arguement has grown cold after that long, it's best to just leave it be. If you had just left it alone, everyone would have simply ignored it like we've been doing for the last 6 and a half weeks. People wouldn't have been notified that there was a reply, the people involved wouldn't have come back, the topic wouldn't have gotten active again, and the argument wouldn't have started all over. Or if someone did at least you wouldn't be blamed. Or if you really wanted to do something, you could have simply locked it there and then without raising a stink and everyone would have been none the wiser.

Lesson of the day: If you don't want people arguing over pairings, don't necro dead argument threads in an attempt to get them to stop when they already have. It's like trying to put out a forest fire after it's burned out already by dumping gasoline all over the embers. This should be common sense.

This is what happens when we spread anger hate.

2407692 So why did you start the argument back up again? Not only that, but you then threaten to use your powers on our luckily trio, although your the one who started the thread/argument back up?

Either you were bored, or you wanted to display your powers.

And if it was for the actual good... why didn't you just lock when it was dead? No one would've batted an eye, and you could've just sent an PM to the trio warning them of their actions.

Although, if you can prove me with a good enough reason, I'll stand down and agree with you.

2408438 I agree with you there. I clicked on the notification and was like, what was the point of posting to warn us if we had already stopped? If you really felt it necessary, you could've just sent the parties involved a PM (Rennes le chateau, Overkill, Rylasasin and myself).

2408201>>2408438>>2408846>>2410875>>2407889

Yes, *sigh* I do admit that was a mistake I didn't intend to happen. I was just scrolling through the threads out of boredom, and saw that one thread that had 70+ replies. Me, being the complete niave idiot that I am, decided to read it and saw the argument. I didn't look at the date, which is my worst decision. So I apologize for my mistake.

But in reality, rylassassin, Rennes le chateau, you shouldn't have fought in the first place.

If you don't like a ship, avoid it and don't naysay about it.

What is so hard to understand about that? Just be nice, please. I didn't mean to start any fights, but christ. I don't like Sparity very well either, but I won't start an argument about it.

That goes for you too, XineLegacy.

Now can we please just get back to being the lovely shippers we all are?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 15