AU's Are Gold: An Alternate Universe Fangroup 984 members · 2,544 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1

I recently came up with an AU story where the established alicorns (minus Flurry Heart, mostly due to her age in the series proper and lack of an established relationship between Cadance and Shining Armor in this universe) are djinni. Each is going to be bound in a different brass vessel, still working on who ends up in what. But I hashed out some basic stuff after coming up with idea with darkness regarding them to help make these genie distinct and different from other genies seen thus far. The word djinni is where we get the word genie and is a variant used for distinction between djinn types, both djinn and djinni are words from Arbia, as is the word ifrit.

So, thoughts on making Twilight, Celestia, Luna and Cadance into genies would be welcome. I plan on making the story more akin to light and fun as much as possible, but I am considering another variant where various villains we've seen in the shows run are bound ifrit with a much darker feel and flow to the whole thing, having the two together would be a nice contrast with the darker story being something akin to cautionary tales regarding wishes, the lighter one will likely have some wishing in it but with more build up to finding the genie vessels and wishes themselves, also showing the limits to each of the individual genies. The villains as ifrit won't quite have the kinds of limits found in the lighter story with them just being massive jerks with immense power bound to their vessels with no choice but to grant the wishes, but them being jerks and that story being darker means it would be more likely they would twist the wishes in a way they find amusing until their master either passed on or went somewhere to dump their vessel out of disdain for the villainous genie.

Since I'm still working on the story itself, and said story is in its very early stages I would appreciate some input. If you have any ideas please send them to me, if you want to make the story (stories) into more of a collab with you let me know, or if you have anything else to say that hasn't been addressed please do so.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1