Humans are Superior 4,456 members · 1,248 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7

No one uses mail because no-one has friends.

Not quite mail but it very much felt like writing letters.

Had a friend whose life got unbelievably chaotic and I'd never get to see him online. He only got the occasional ability to have internet nearly once a month, when he had time to fuck off to somewhere with wifi.

It started when, because he knew he couldn't get me online to talk for any length of time and because of our timezones, he started sending emails about what was up with life and our usual conversation topics and I responded in kind. Until we reached a point of nearly monthly exchange of emails that were tens of thousands of words long, like proper correspondence. It was weird walking about life eagerly awaiting the day when my next 'letter' would arrive so I could begin responding to it.

Funny how circumstances can make you feel like you went back in time 200 years with 21st century technology.

there is something to be said for having a physical thing you can hold in your hand. makes it a bit more impactful, and meaningful. that's why i use it whenever i send shitty yo mama jokes to my friends and family.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7