Dysphoria 61 members · 6 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8

Something that I was thinking about, what canon characters (background or main) do you honestly think could harbor some trans feelings?

Personally, Snowflake would be my first guess. From my understanding, it is common for a transwoman to go through a "hyper masculine" phase before breaking down. I had heard of at least one person (friend of a friend sort of deal) who was a bodybuilder and apparently broke down in front of her and spilled his (at time of breakdown) guts.

EDIT: Alright, dibs on writing a Snowflake story!

inb4 Snails, :rainbowwild:

Edit: but to be more serious I like the fanfic Dash's Secret where Dash is actually Transgender and explored and expressed her identity during flight school but remains in the closet around her parents.

thedarkprep
Group Admin

That could work. Just make sure not to generalize and take the hyper masculine phase for granted. I'm sure it happens, and you can talk and explore the cases where that happens, just always be wary of presenting a "norm".

Also, I really REALLY want to read the snowflake story!

thedarkprep
Group Admin

I love that story. Chapter two is AMAZING!

The rest of the story is good too, but that chapter!

Anyway, I think flutters makes sense because of the shy demeanor. I also see photo finish and one of the spa twins as possibly being trans, but that's just me

One of the spa twins? Hell, why not both? Their colouration... How I missed it before is beyond me.

IT'S THAT DAMN LIBERAL MEDIA I TELLS YA! PUSHING THEIR FAGGOT AGENDA ONTO OUR CHILDREN! :flutterrage: /wbc

thedarkprep
Group Admin

Lol

The way I think of it is that one of them is trams and the other helped her present and live her life as a mare. The trans one opened the spa, and the other stuck around to help and protect her sister.

Twilight, though I am probably only saying that because I am writing a transmare Twilight story and I tend to project onto her (in case you are wondering, in my story, she is most definitely not a self insert. I have inserted myself in there, but as a minor character who gets two lines).

So agree about chapter 2. It hit me so hard in a good way.

a bodybuilder and apparently broke down in front of her and spilled his (at time of breakdown) guts.

Physical or literal? Lifting extremely heavy weights can occasionally cause, ah, physical ejection of the bowel through the anus, due to the extreme pressure.

My headcanon background for Dash in a number of my stories is that she was born as a unicorn, and at an early age she was diagnosed as "transtribal" after she sent herself to the hospital trying to file her entire horn off. Her parents were startled but ultimately accepting of this, and Dash was eventually allowed to go through a series of magical therapies that slowly converted her already powerful magic from a unicorn's into a pegasus's. In the same way that many transmen and transwomen adopt the extremes of their identified gender, Dash has become what she views as the perfect specimen of the hyper-competitive, loyal, intensely physical pegasi. She avoids reading in particular not just because it's boring to her, but also because she sees doing too much of it as a predominantly unicorn-like behavior and thus in conflict with her fanatically-defended sense of identity.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8