Underrated 282 members · 1,752 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6

No. No, no, a million times, NO!

This story deserves nothing but scorn until the author proofreads the damn thing, runs it through a spellchecker, proofreads again, sends it to someone ELSE to proofread, and then has an editor go over it with a lice comb.

9 errors in the short description, 13 in the long description with 7 of those being repeats from the short. This author has made no effort whatsoever to present their story as anything more than rotten filth to be disposed of, and it does not deserve the attention of this group.

3922384 I'm helping him. And did you bother reading the author's notes? He knows he is bad at writing, he hates writing, yet he wants to write a story anyway. That takes a lot of courage.

LoL, love and tolerance, what's that?

Seriously, it's possible to just say so. The whole "scorn, rotten filth, doesn't deserve our attention" tirade is unnecessary, rude and degrading. Say what needs work, and maybe offer help.

Might make things turn out better.

I couldn't stomach the description after highlighting all the errors that reached out and slapped me in the face. No way am I going to torture myself by opening the chapter.

Love and tolerate, sure, but not when there are errors so bad my niece could spot them. She isn't even in third grade.

3922442 At least try. Don't just toss it aside. Help the writer improve. Don't break him down.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6