Apple Bloom is Best Pony 928 members · 1,692 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3
SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Just thought there might be general interest in this interview Michelle Creber did!

Multi-Talented Michelle Creber on Being a Pony for “My Little Pony: The Movie”

--Sweetie Belle

hawthornbunny
Group Admin

Awww, that's a nice interview. :) I particularly found this interesting:

TOONZONE NEWS: For My Little Pony specifically, have you changed the way you approach Apple Bloom over the years?

MICHELLE CREBER: Well, I think the challenge is that we’ve always been encouraged to replicate the same characters we started with at age 9, and haven’t really grown that much. It’s been almost 10 years and they’ve got their cutie marks and they’re clearly older, but they’re still children. That’s still their role in the show, so that’s been challenging for all 3 of us, especially because naturally our voices dropped. It’s harder on boys in voice acting when they start young and they get old. They have a major drop once they hit puberty. But even with girls…my voice used to be very naturally high and it dropped quite significantly. All of us have to put a bit more effort in to getting that higher tone, especially Claire with Sweetie Belle, who has that squeak. It’s difficult to emulate that from when you were 9 and just doing that because you were young and that was your voice. But it’s been nice because they’ve written it into the script, a little bit of growth, especially when they hit their cutie mark episode. So we have let them grow a bit and that’s partially because the writers have, but overall it’s just trying to keep that youth in them and keep it high.

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

It was a pretty good interview, and that was one of the more interesting spots, that and the bits about singing.

I wish I could've heard the bit mentioned, where she sang a line as Sweetie Belle, and the same line as Apple Bloom...

--Sweetie Belle

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3