Gods,Deities,spirits and Monsters 1,319 members · 923 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1

Previously I had tried to do a story writing contest to encourage others to write stories for Gorgonies. Sadly only one person showed up, while many said they didn't have the time or that the original word count (which was 5,000 max) was too small. So I made some updates to the rules and I am extending the contest further to allow more people to participate and hopefully receive better results. :twilightsmile:

Rules:
1. In order to submit your story you must join the Gorgony Group and submit your story in the Gorgony Story Contest 2017 folder (because who knows, if it is any good I may try to make it an annual thing if I have the time).
2. Your story must be between 3,000 and 7,000 words long.
3. Your story must feature a gorgony, a pony like creature with snakes for hair and the ability to turn ponies and other such creatures into stone. Having the lower body be that of a snake isn't necessary but can be included if you wish. Feel free to look at the Gorgony Characteristics List in the group for ideas.
4. You also need to leave a post on the Sign In sheet with your name. This way I know who plans on participating. Simply follow this link and post your name. If you have already submitted a story to this contest then you only need to do this if you are submitting another story.
5. I will allow stories to have the sex tag so long as the sex in the story isn't explicit (or clop in other words).
6. No trollfics. These will be removed.
7. While it isn't necessary having a proofreader or editor look at your story before you submit it will increase the odds that it will win.
8. The maximum stories any single person can submit to this story is 3.
9. All submissions must be received by May 3rd.
10. Have fun writing your story.

The deadline is now May 3rd.

I will be reading the top 3 winners stories on my youtube. I may also work on some badges that the writers can put either at the end of the story or in the author notes to show that they won this contest.

---

Thank you all for reading this. I will be looking forward to seeing all your stories.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1