Technology VS. Magic 2,666 members · 784 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2
DamnToasty
Group Admin

I have been wondering for awhile now... what if Equestrian magic met human tech. I mean merged somehow. Like Magic batteries that never run out, or aircraft that mimic pegasi magic. Allowing them to have natural control over the storms and weather around them, meaning no more weather related crashes. That would be cool. What do you guys think. What if in some world these two forces worked side by side? How would the world have turned out? Would it be better for it?

To be quite honest, I don't believe the two could develop in tandem. It seems in a world with magic, you don't need to increase technology and research new technologies. But in a world without it, you have to resort to finding some other way of surviving, something like technology. Now, what I do see as possible is a merging of a world with magic and a world without magic. The problem is how they would combine two things that never existed together before. And I honestly see people with technology studying how magic affects the world around it and developing tech to substitute for magic, especially if humans can't do magic while the ponies can. Why risk dependence, after all?

So it's an interesting concept and it could work for a story--and it will, if I ever get around to finishing my Rarity on Earth story and continue it as I have planned.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2