Romance is Magic! 1,721 members · 5,373 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6

So question. When you ship two ponies in a story, do you like it in a certain way where Character A loves Character B. But not vice versa? Every time I search for a new romance fic to read I usually try to find that specific way of my preferred couples.

Example: Fluttershy in Love with Twilight but has no feelings towards her. But is willing to go on one date with her to see how she feels. (See Fanfic Magic of Love by Mysteriousstranger)

If you have said preference. Leave it in the comments below.

Are you talking about a solely unrequited love or one that starts out as unrequited and over course of the story pony B starts to fall in love with pony A?

If that's what you mean then I hate stories that end with unrequited love and I like stories that start out unrequited but wind up with a happy ending.

I do like those kind of stories (But you already knew that :raritywink:), although I'm also a fan when both individuals are crushing on each other. What I don't like is when they both like each other, but they think the other doesn't feel the same way and tries to get rid of those feelings, or when the story has way too many shippings. (Green, by Steel Resolve is a good example. I like the way it was written, but I dropped it at some point because it was a mess, to me :twilightoops:)

And, yes, I know I'm guilty of adding to many shippings in a couple of my stories, but I improved in that aspect :scootangel:

I personally like to have some element of mutual interest/appeal between the two, but not always overly so. I feel it gives a sense of common groundwork that two characters can work off of and isn't completely out of the blue or anything like that. If someone isn't interested at least a little, the other's attempts to woo him may feel more obsessive or forceful and that can kind of give off the vibe of someone accepting due to being "worn down." However, on the other hand, I like the idea of agreeing to go on a date just to see how it is and have it develop from there as well.

The only way I do NOT like at all is when the relationship has to endure cliche "misunderstandings" where people say one thing but don't understand the whole story or see something and make grand assumptions out of it and then they have to clear that up and ugh...just feels like forced drama.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6