Ponification 1,407 members · 870 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5

Heya guys,
I've had an inkling for a story concept that I've really been dying to try to flesh out into an actual story, but was hoping to get a couple people to help me brainstorm up the plot and characters? :D
Basically I was thinking perhaps some unfortunate human could be turned into a carbon copy of Octavia and be placed in the middle of Ponyville/Canterlot. After realizing they're Octavia, or at least an Octavia lookalike, they'll be in the unfortunate circumstance to realize everypony around them is sure they are the genuine Octavia. Of course, our human knows absolutely nothing about the background pony's life or relationships, and will likely befuddle them all in a awkward adventure to figure out how to get home. Hopefully they'll stumble across original Octavia along the way.
What happened to the Original Octavia? Who's responsible for making a second octavia? What would someone have to gain by making a second one? Unsure, but would love some 3rd party insight!

It sounds fun, I'm very fond of canon pony transformations. ^_^

Hopefully they'll stumble across original Octavia along the way.

Depends where it happens. If in Canterlot, they might still be wary of anything that seems like changeling activity. :)

yeah the instant "They Must be a changeling!" could be a problem our human will have to deal with at first, especially if the real octavia is out and about. Unless of course she's somewhere else.
If our human wakes up replacing Octavia however "she" might have a lot more than changelings on her plate though, trying to maintain appearing like the real Octavia with almost no information to go on. Ponies are always on the watch for changeling imposters.

Though, other than changelings, are there any real reasons our human shouldnt try to reveal their real identity to Octavia's friends/acquaintances?

are there any real reasons our human shouldnt try to reveal their real identity to Octavia's friends/acquaintances?

Ponies would suppose she's joking, lying, or mad. And I always imagine that Octavia isn't the jokey type, so ponies would most likely conclude madness.

So probably at best they'd think Octavia has lost it, at worst they suspect her of being a changeling xD Fair enough :3 Though somepony is going to finally connect all the inconsistencies with our new Tavi's lapses in memory and new personality (I suspect Lyra, the human obsessed) Someone is going to crack her and get the truth out of her.
Even worse for her, what if the real Octavia is out of town at canterlot at this time? Our character might have only a limited time to.... do... whatever the plot is... before the real one comes home and ruins the secret :O.
Guess it depends though on what exactley has caused this new Tavi to appear. Is it somthing that made them trade places with the original? Some magical mishap that threw them into pony land? XD

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5