World War Bronies 734 members · 129 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5
Eagle
Group Admin

Rule 1: Everything bad that happens is Fegelein's fault

"What cruel sick person designed this evil game?!"

You know it's bad if Hitler is saying that...

dragonfang33
Group Admin

Seeing the acutal movie, with out the Hitler Jokes, actual creates a rather sympathetic view of Hitler and Germany at the end.

You pitty Hitler because you see just how far he'd fallen from the once feared master of an empire of evil that spread from France to the Volga to an isolated, shell shock wreck presiding over his crumbling dynasty. Yet when Hitler flys into his rants and blames everyone but himself, something he did ever since he came to power, for why his empire is crumbling and knowing how the battle would end, you find yourself praying that one of the Army Officers would draw his weapon and shoot Hitler there and you also feel anger towards the Georbolls Family, denying their children a future because Nazism was their entire life, and pitty for the children who had nothing to do with the Holocaust yet have their lives snuffed out by their deranged parents
You in the end pitty Germany as a whole, for the first time you see the price paid by Germany in shattered dreams, soldiers and civilians caught between the advancing Red Army and Gestapo and SS Death Squads who were determined that the German people would follow their tormentor into the abyss. Yet the ending where the Secretary and the boy ride off showed that the storm had passed and despite the total defeat of the wermarcht, Germany would rise from the ashes and atone for its sins

Eagle
Group Admin

Yea, I've seen the actual movie. It's fascinating really.

This just does a great job of making fun of a maniac. Just imagine that people will be watching these over and over 50 something years in the future.

dragonfang33
Group Admin

It's not the first time Hitler was made fun of

Nope, Mickey Mouse and other Disney characters, as well as several comedy actors were making fun of him DURING WW2.
And the movie's great, watched it several times and my History teacher told me that she's going to show us some scenes from it.
It has everything you need for a movie, there's some bits of comedy in it, tragedy, and in the end it makes you feel really sad for Germany and then you can feel relief when Traudl Junge escapes with the Peter. Bruno Ganz did a really good job with Hitler and I could watch those scenes over and over and believe that they're not actually from a movie, but rather I'm watching Hitler himself get mad at his Generals-

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5