World War Bronies 734 members · 129 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8

Hello everyone I have done some looking on the internet for a website based on B-17s. So far the only sources I have found are very general and don't give me specific information on the B-17. Does anyone know any such site because I will use it for a story I intend to post on here.

5671758 Define specific, because usually Wikipedia is fine for a lot of stuff on such well documented planes.

I've worked with a restored B-17 before as a mechanic's assistant but can you be more specific on what info you need?

What I mean is an actual diagram of every model from the D to the G variant as well as how one would take it off as well as proper procedure and lingo of a B-17 crew during World War 2

Diagrams, Statical information such as Airspeed How many guns, How they would take off the Aircraft etc.

Ah. Usually you can find that real easy. Even the take off procedures and the rest of the checklist are typically just a google search away. And lingo was pretty much the same for all US aircrews back then.

5671824 maybe a book? Has everything you need in three pages. I'll send the title when I get it.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8