World War Bronies 734 members · 129 stories
Comments ( 22 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 22

I was looking through all the Japanese Battleships and I just remembered about the last two ships of the Yamato class that were never built. Warship numbers 111 and 797. If they were going to be completed they would most certainly be converted into carriers. But what would their names be? What do you guys think they would name these two would be ex-Yamato-class battleships?

hmm I dunno because they were also trying to create Design A 150 aka Super Yamato. I mean if that was created... we would be Boned

5345221 I actually have an idea for names right now.
Warship 111: Rikuchū - after the Rikuchū Province
Warship 797: Rikuzen - after the Rikuzen Province

dragonfang33
Group Admin

Warship 111: Amaterasu (The Sun Goddess who the Imperial Family is said to be descended from) or Edo (the name of the provence that contains Tokyo)
Warship 797: Kyoto (the Kyoto Prefecture and site of the old Imperial Capital) or Izanami (one of the dieties responsible for the creation of Japan in Japanese Mythology)

Other choices would be Mutsu, Tsushima, and Mikasa

5345632 Those are good choices.

5345462 well I guess that would be a good idea I think.

5346377 You may never know.

5346381 that is true. However I wonder how the ponies would react to a battleship that is the sister ship to the Bismarck?

5346390 Hmm... Probably Twilight would just go head over heels for a shop as advanced as the Tirpitz, like this...

5346492 LOL yeah I can kind of see that but I think see Princess Luna really loving a ship like that

5346887 Maybe, however that seems a little sketchy for me to see Luna love a ship as such as the Tirpitz

5346929 good point but I think most of them would be scared of the Tirpitz. I mean in world of warships that is one of the ships that I use

5347011 Destroyers do have the right to be scared of the Tirpitz due to her secondary batteries.

5347072 eeyup and I don't know how the mane six would react to her being in Equestia but I have a feeling it would be wierd

5348325 yeah however what if the ponies did find Tirpitz or one of the Yamato class battleships, How would they react to that?

5348594 Perhaps to their size.

I mean if that was created... we would be Boned

Hardly, two ships wouldn't save Japan, particularly battleships as they were already proven inferior to carriers. Hence why the carrier replaced them as the primary capital ship.

dragonfang33
Group Admin

Other choices
Sekigahara (the Battle of Sekigahara)
Jimmu (the First Emperor of Japan)
Oda Nobunaga (Legendary Samurai leader)
Toyotomi Hideyoshi (Samurai Leader who united Japan and ended the Age of Warring States)
Sengoku Jidai (The Warring States Period and golden age of the Samurai)
Meiji (Emperor of Japan who over threw the Tokugawa and restored power to the Imperial Family)
Tokugawa (Last Shoguns of Japan)
Showa (Emperor Hirohito's Era Name and how he was known in Japan)
Yamamoto (Isoroku Yamamoto)
Saigo Takamori (Leader of the Satsuma Rebellion and often called the Last Samurai)
Satsuma (the Satsuma Provence and site of the Satsuma Rebellion)
Osaka (Osaka Prefecture)

5382112 A lot of choices... :pinkiegasp:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 22