Life in Manehattan 362 members · 19 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2

As promised, I'm putting up a new thread for the upcoming episode. Avert your eyes, ye spoiler averse!

So, last time, we decided, based on a collaborative theory by Comickook and Skyeheart, that:

-Contrary to "The Times They Are A Changeling", changelings aren't inherently evil—sorry, Thorax, you don't get to be a special snowflake in the Manehattanverse unless you work for it. Some changelings live peacefully among ponies, preferring to earn their love.
-The changeling "hive mind" is not some sort of control or split consciousness; it is a method of communication, between a queen and her subjects or among swarms.
-There are different types of changelings based on different types of bugs. Possibly if we ever venture to changeling lands, or conversely find a large number of them in Manehattan, this could make it more of an "enchanted otherworld" type experience.

The next episode is "Dungeons & Discords". Synopsis:

Discord unexpectedly joins Big McIntosh and Spike's "top secret" guys' night of fantasy role-playing.

Well, I can only think of one question to ask about this: What are your headcanons about gaming in Equestria? Again, the theory with the most support by the time the episode airs will officially be Manehattanverse canon, no matter what happens.

Not much beyond gaming not being much different from that in our universe - at least not in the sense of board games and live action role-playing. I mean, the games might have different names (the meta reason would be to avoid lawsuits from game companies with the deep pockets needed to hire the best lawyers), but the overall games would be quite similar. The video games (made possible by MagiTech [heck, MagiTech could even be the name of an actual company in Equestria]) would probably be largely limited to 8-bit and/or arcade coin opt, but I think you get the idea.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2