RWBY Fan Club 700 members · 133 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5

There's a lot of people making fun of how Weiss is the weakest of Team RWBY because she was holding a sword seeing how thin the blade is, designed to poke her enemies. Yes, the weapon she was holding, Myrtenaster, is a rapier and, yes, the blade is really thin. But that's not the case.

I looked googled to ask if rapiers could slash, and the article says this:

The definition of the rapier as a form of Renaissance sword differs among various authorities on historical arms. The various historical terms for rapier referred to a slender cut-and-thrust sword capable of limited slashing and slicing blows and equally suited to military or civilian use.

At first glance, it was just a stabbing weapon, and, yes, it can't dismember opponents like a katana blade as it can't cut through bone like a katana would, but it's still deadly as they're light-weighted, long, and fast enough to cause internal bleeding at an opponent even at ten feet, even when Weiss accidentally injured herself at her right eye socket with it while fighting off an Arma Gigas.

But unlike regular rapiers, Myrtenaster is highly durable and is even more deadly as it could not only destroy a large Grimm, such as an Arma Gigas, but can coat the blade with Dust energy spewed from the chamber depending on which type of Dust, like a revolver which is also a combination of Myrtenaster.

So yeah, these nitpickers are just bullies to Weiss as they underestimated her weapon of choice. This is kinda like judging a book by its cover, don't you think?

Calling Myrtenaster a stabbing weapon would be like saying that a magic wand is a stabbing weapon when both are intended as a foci.

Nahhhhhh. I'm biased because Weiss is my favorite but Myrtenaster is a perfectly fine weapon. It's a precision / finesse weapon. Built differently to do different things. Tanks make tank sized holes. Pistols make pistol sized holes. You're just as dead if you get hit with either one, but the pistol needs be a more precise shot.

Ruby is all about momentum in melee. Cool as all get out sure, but not a practical thing. No wonder she's not good in close. Her weapon is as big as she is.

Yang is pretty much a hammer and the world is all nails.

Blake..... I'm not real sure what to make of Blake. I guess the closest comparison is a whip? Chain whips are real things. I'd think Blake & Weiss are equally physically talented, if you took their weapons away. I think it would be pretty close. Now I really want to see them spar unarmed.

There's no point getting too far into this though. Rule of cool is totally a thing and the show is (was?) mostly better for it.

I'm more pissed that she's literally the magic caster of the group but she's forced to deal with such cumbersome clothes. I hate the people who thought her v7 design was good

Plus, they WERE even civilian weapons for a time

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5