RWBY Fan Club 700 members · 133 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2

I personally think the game was decent. Not enough content for the $25 tag (thankfully, I got it back when it was Earliest Access).
The story was alright, but ultimately forgettable in lieu of RWBY horde-mode. The combat was amazing, but the limited combos made it a bit button-mashy repetitive by about the halfway point.
The final boss was a laugh, literally one gimmick and a cool design.
My sister and I completed the game in about 3 hours, failing once and dealing with some Steam issues included.
Overall, I give it a 6/10. Good game by first-time Indie standards.

So, what did you think of the game?
And please, I would enjoy critique of the game in it's current state, not comparing it to the Early Access versions. I hate how everyone loathes on EA, then complains when the finished product isn't exactly what they were expecting from the EA builds.

Well it's decent but so far it has a lack of new things appearing and it's almost as if it wants us to button mash till we finish a horde. It's really repetitive with the only differences being that the AI has slightly improved with each new wave, the different locations you can visit but do the same as others and as well as the abilities which actually turns the tide for a while till you run out of aura to create another blast of combo.

Although I know it's their first time creating an indie game and all, it seems like another (sort of) bad but good adaptation to a show but with more limited things thing you can do. Although a lot of the time when playing it, I sometimes get a big lag spike due to how much requirements it seems to take from my PC. Mind you that my PC is a monster at running games. I can easily play games such as L4D2, CS:GO, Witcher 3, Battlefield and a lot more at almost max settings, although it dips below 60 if I had Multisampling Anti-Aliasing Mode on 16xQ CSAA enabled. Other than that, it seems to work fine.

So far I'd give it a 5/10 but if it included more unique combo's, less button mashing and possibly more types of game modes like maybe a capture the flag or something along those lines, I might give it a 7/10 then but we'll have to wait for more updates in the future.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2