Miss Harshwhinny is Best Pony 397 members · 94 stories
Comments ( 288 )
  • Viewing 251 - 300 of 288

*The two of them walk out through halls and corridors and shelves and cubbyholes until they finally arrive at a large room filled with clothes. Ties, coats, cloaks, belts, hats of all types and about anything you could want in an outfit seems to be on display.*

I'm sure somewhere in here there must be a fez, if we can find it.

*She dons a nearby deerstalker hat and pipe.*

So, shall we search?

--Silvy

Ha! A mare after my own heart. Very well. The game is afoot!

--Dr. Watshoof

Now, my dear Watshoof, on casual examination, no fezs appear to be present.

*Makes a sweeping gesture at a wall covered with hats, with a set of drawers below it.*

However, I note that not every position is actually filled on this wall of hats.

*Eyes a spot with a couple empty hooks. Looking closely, Silver pulls a piece of cord that was stuck to the wall behind one of them off, and shows it to her companion.*

Now, what exactly do you make of this?

--Silverlock Spoons, consulting detective

*Has donned a large white tux hanging from one wall*
Jolly good.
*Peers at the cord*

I say, gold colored thread. Possibly part of a tassle?

--Dr. Watshoof, professional patsy

Precisely my thinking!

And, if you'll note, the set of drawers is not directly against the wall, but has a gap behind it. So, logically...

*Reaches behind the drawers, and pulls out several fezes.*

They would have slipped behind the drawers. Will any of these do?

--Silverlock Spoons, consulting detective

Bully!
*Equips Fez. +1 CHA. +1 AC. +2 Style.*
*Polishes monocle. Equips Monocle. +1 PER. +3 SHEER CLASS.*

Ah. There we go. Now that I am properly attired, I apologize for my earlier rudeness, but one does not engaged in conversation with a lady while improperly dressed.
To answer your question earlier, regarding the missing individual known as Attention Deficit Disorder Blue_Paladin42, no, not in the strictest sense. He is, in fact, still out there somewhere, I know not where. However, in a certain, meta, sense, I am and I am not. Before he visited my own small pocket dimension, while fleeing the destruction of his own timeline, I was but a simple moose. I do not yet know how that encounter provided me with both sentience and a personality of mine own, but I do know that it started when we made contact. For a brief moment our psyches merged, before quickly separating again. He left some of himself behind, which seems to have left an imprint in my mind. Which then begs the question of why my own personality has diverged so drastically. Perhaps you or your compatriots here in this Library can assist in solving this conundrum. Also, he took my pith helmet.

--Moose_Paladin42

That is completely understandable.

And while your being the new form of A!Blue would have been the optimum scenario, your personality was clearly different, and I'm certainly not sorry to have you here.

Most likely the best person to visit at this point would be the other Blue_Paladin42, as he deserves to know the full situation, and may have some ideas. We can inform the others later, but Belle and f!horizon are likely to be busy anyways. She clearly did recall something important recently. I just hope at some point she recalls that I am on the same team, and lets me in on it.

Anyways, let us set forth and give your other self a visit. While having conversations with yourself may seem awkward, I'm assured it gets easier with time.

Shall we go?

*Silver Spoon offers Moose_Paladin42 her foreleg, and they proceed back to Blue's room, Silver completely heedless of the deerstalker still on her head.*

--Silvy

Meanwhile, in timeline #587459-28756-6984-10065-3-X

Hmm? What's this? The moose again?

He looks....dapper.
Nice fez.

Silvy, is that a Sherlock Holmes hat on your head?

--D!Blue

*Pulls off the hat, and takes the pipe out of her mouth as if she just noticed them.*

Why, yes, I suppose it is. Though this is a deerstalker, and technically was never actually written as his hat in the books. Actors depicting him wore one, and it became the way everyone pictured him afterwards.

And I've just been talking to the moose about A!Blue. I felt you should meet him, and have a chance to hear what he had to say on the topic.

*Silver Spoon proceeds to go into an explanation of what she and Moose_Paladin42 just discussed, absent-mindedly putting the hat back on her head as she does so.*

--Silvy

. . . . .

I...see. So, ADD Blue is out there somewhere, and no one knows where he is, or how he is doing.

I need to go see about finding any books on trans-timeline scrying spells.

Oh. Um, nice to meet you mister moose, er, Moose Paladin? I, uh...nice bow tie. Bow ties are cool...

Um, I like the cap, Silvy. Gotta go.
*Gallops off*

--D!Blue

Well, that was quite awkward.

Poor fellow. He seems rather worried for his departed compatriot.

I do not think he particularly likes me.

Moose_Paladin42

928359>>928372

*Looks in the direction of the now departed Blue_Paladin42.*

I'm sorry about that. I'm sure he's just worried about his companion.

We should probably try to catch up with him, though. This library is very difficult to navigate if you aren't familiar with it.

And he just headed in the wrong direction.
--Silvy

Ok, according to the map, there is a honking big tree around here somewhere. Though it's hard to tell, given all this jungle looks EXACLTY ALIKE!

*groan* Talking to myself again.

Aw nuts, a flying cobra again. And it noticed me.

--A!Blue

*Whimper*
Got bit. Don't feel good. :pinkiesick:
Kicked it in it's stupid face. So, yeah....At least....I got it.....good.

Hey...think....found it....

--A!Blue

Huh...huuuuh.....haaaah....
Quite.....a.......climb....
Vision's getting....kinda blurry....heh....

Just....gotta...reach...that top....cave....

--A!Blue

*Looks around*

Hmm. It's been two days. Yeah. I think I miiiiiight be lost.
--D!Blue

I suppose trying to catch up with him would have worked better if he'd still been in visual distance. And if I was familiar with the section of the library he'd headed into. Now I believe we're lost as well.

Some detective I seem to be at the moment.

I do, of course, have a portable terminal if we need to get help, but I'd rather actually find Blue_Paladin42 first.

Any suggestions, Dr. Watshoof?

--Silvy, not feeling much like Silverlock Spoons at the moment.

Oh bother. I appear to have gotten separated from my guide. Curse my slow and ponderous body!

--960 lbs of giant herbivorous hoofed mammal with antlers_Paladin42

SweetAI Belle
Group Contributor

Silvy?

Now where has she gotten to?

Oh well, suppose I can try practicing my magic. Looks like there are a few books somepony left here. I can try levitating them.

*grabs a copy of Stephanie Meyers 'Twilight' in her mouth, heads outside, and plops it in front of her.*

Lets see, find your magic core, feel the magic flowing from there through your horn, and visualize it picking up your target.

*Concentrates for a few minutes. A spark comes out.*

Nothing. I'll never get this!

Wait, wasn't concentrating on an emotion supposed to help? I could try focusing on that, maybe?

*SB closes her eyes, and pulls from her inner well of anger, and attempts to levitate the book. It catches fire. She quickly stamps it out.*

Well, that was closer. Maybe I should try again.

*Goes inside, grabs a copy of 'New Moon', and drags it out. Tries to levitate it, with the same results.*

Well, at least I can set fire to things. I should practice more, though. And if I'm out here, I should see Silvy when she gets back.

*Goes back inside to grab the rest of the Twilight series, and comes back out.*

--SB, waiting for Silvy

SweetAI Belle
Group Contributor

The sensors are picking up traces of smoke near the residences in complex B21. Can somebeing that's available go investigate?

--Belle
Support your local library!

Blargh......
Hate waking up....5 more minutes.....

Comfy grass.......wait. Grass?
Smells nice too...
*Opens eyes*

Huh.
Cool, I'm alive!

--A!Blue

*sniff sniff*
I say, is that smoke?

--Moose_Paladin42

*sniff*

Smoke!

Well, other ponies should be heading to where the smoke is, given this is a library. Fire and books hardly mix. That's a good chance to find my way back to somewhere familiar, at least. And maybe Blue_Paladin42 and Moose_Paladin42 will have the same idea.

And why do I have a horrible feeling SB will somehow be involved?

*trots towards the smoke.*

--Silvy

Smoke. I smell smoke.

That means fire.

Well, I tried not to panic. Yet another failure for me.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH

--D!Blue

SweetAI Belle
Group Contributor

Well, hope nopony wanted to read any books by Stephanie Mayer, whoever that is. Every book I tried to levitate caught fire the same way. Sucks that I can't levitate things, but it's kinda cool that I can set things on fire like that.

And where did all these ponies and other beings headed this way come from?

Oh well, guess if any adults try to mess with me, I can gore them and set them on fire now.

Wonder who that is screaming?

-SB

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-
*trips*
Waaah!
*Rolls into SB*

Owie!

Uh...Oh! Sweetie right?......Uh....Sweetie? Why are you glaring?
Ulp...

--D!(is for Dead meat)Blue

SweetAI Belle
Group Contributor

Gah! He touched me!

*Lowers head and points horn in Blue_Paladin42.*

Alright, horn in position...

Actually, given that he's lying on a pile of books that are on fire, maybe I won't need to do anything.

--SB

958505>>961920

Ah, there's D!Blue_Paladin42. And SB. Should have known she'd be at the root of the smoke.

Wait, is she getting ready to attack Blue_Paladin42?

*Gallops over and gets between them.*

Whew! Now, as long as nothing else goes wrong...

--Silvy, late, but on the scene.

*Sees Silvy run by*
Aha! There you ar-....Well, she is in a hurry. I suppose as she is the one who knows where anything is, I had best follow.
Tally-ho!

--Moose, will probably regret this later, Paladin42

961920>>961925
Hey, Silvy! Boy am I glad to see you! I kinda got los-
*sniff*
Hmm, I smell burning fur, and it feels awful hot.

My butt is on fire isn't it?

YEOUCH!!
PUTMEOUTPUTMEOUTPUTMEOUTSORRYIRANINTOYOUSWEETIEPUTMEOUTPUTMEOUTPUTMEOUT!!!

--Rumproast_Paladin42

962043>>961920

*Rushes inside the residence, then comes out again with a fire extinguisher in her muzzle and sprays Flaming!Paladin42 with it. Then drops it after the fire dies out.*

Honestly, who would be burning books-

*Looks at Sweetie Belle, who looks sheepish.*

Honestly, SB! Books are valuable repositories of knowledge and shouldn't be treated as kindl-

*Notices a piece of one of the books, still readable, with Stephanie Mayer's name on it.*

Well, ok, maybe not those books. You could have waited till after I was done with my paper on the psychology of unhealthy romantic fixations, and I'd have gladly let you burn them, though. What were you thinking?

And frightening poor Blue_Paladin42 like that! I expect you to give him an apology for your behavior!

Ah, hello there Moose_Paladin42, our paths cross again. Sorry about all this, and about losing track of you back there...

--Silvy, on the warpath

SweetAI Belle
Group Contributor

I wasn't trying to burn them. I was trying to levitate them.

And he touched me!

--SB

That's....quite....alright *wheeze* milady. I...suppose....I....should try....to get.....in better shape....

--Feel the burn Paladin42

Sorry! I tripped! I was kinda panicked. :fluttershyouch:

--D!Blue

That's quite alright. At least we're together now.

962074>>976895

There, you see? He just tripped. And he said he was sorry. What do you say?

And it sets things on fire if you try to levitate them?

--Silvy

SweetAI Belle
Group Contributor

Serves him right?

*backs down under Silvys glare*

Sorry.

And yeah, at first I couldn't do anything with them, now they just catch fire if I try to do, well, anything magical with them, really. It's weird. But kinda cool.

--SB, the filly who can set things on fire with her eyes horn

Well, okay, so, I was digging through my bags, and found this neat little electronic book thing. It's called "Hitchhiker's guide to pretty much everything", and it also says "property of the LOST. That seems a bit ominous, but it's been pretty helpful. It's got detailed info about the area I am in, and thanks to it, I am on my way towards the city on the western edge of the map. Almost at the savannah, and then I am swinging south towards that pool. It said I should avoid the village north of the pool once it ID'ed me as a pony. Said it's folk are semi-nomadic (whatever that means) hunters, and I might look just enough like a zebra they might try to eat me. :twilightoops: Supposedly this pool has some kind of magic on it that gets rid of any hostile intent though.
OH! The guide seems to have some kind of journal function, and evidently gets a full internet connection even in the middle of no-where (three bars, aw yeah!), so I guess I am back on the grid. Seems it's been archiving everything I have said since getting here too. It said it is uploading everything to some kind of library database. It's also a smartass. Just saying.

--A!Blue_Doesn'tknowadamnthingabouttheLibrary_Paladin42

• Viewing 251 - 300 of 288