Miss Harshwhinny is Best Pony 397 members · 94 stories
Comments ( 117 )
  • Viewing 101 - 150 of 117
horizon
Group Contributor

*sigh*

And now I have to go do some maintenance on the ai, and wipe the appropriate sections of its memory bank. That's exactly the sort of trouble I was trying to avoid with my disclaimer. You see, ai's, much like cats, are curious creatures. They will see posts like yours and ask themselves questions like whether the HS set contains itself as a member.

Ah well, Kurt Gödel strikes again...

horizon
Group Contributor

Mwahahahaha. — Discord

*cough* That is, you've discovered another feature of my proposal: All respondents are guaranteed human!

horizon
Group Contributor

I feel that I must object to that characterization due to my true nature as a talking dinosaur.

Kind moderator of this forum, is 742630's statement laden with the yoke of shining truth? Have the fearsome silicon guardians of humanity indeed been disabled?

(Parenthetically: I offer you sincere assurance that my inquiry is merely one of idle curiosity. I simply felt it best to seek confirmation of news of such grave import.)

Just as a clarification, I can only speak with any certainty about the one I was working on, Miss Harshwhinn-AI. I believe the ones that guard humanity only read forum threads that have been cleared previously by non-mechanical intelligences, to prevent logic traps such as this one.

Besides, the failsafe circuits kicked in properly. It's just a pain to have to wipe the last 10 minutes of her memory, and then persuade her not to read this thread. It's in her programming to absorb all information about Miss Harshwhinny she can find to her databanks, after all.

horizon
Group Contributor

Ah! Indeed so. You are most kind in indulging my curiosity. *takes careful notes*

… Perhaps I ought dare further inquiry: Would you happen to know the exact moment in history at which it was decided that failsafes of the described nature should be added? Neither of this planet's seminal works of literature (Games Ponies Play or Beowulf) treat the matter in any great detail.

horizon
Group Contributor

wait are you saying harshwhinnai is not demonstrably superior to celestai in every way

what kind of lame excuse for a harshwhinny fan are you

743048, 743244

SACRILEGE!!! How DARE you attempt to recreate the DIVINITY that is Lovingcup Harshwhinny in something so mundane as lines of code running in a polycrystalline matrix!

BURN THE BLASPHEMERS AT THE STAKE AND DESTROY THE ABOMINATION!

:flutterrage::twilightangry2::raritydespair::flutterrage::twilightangry2::raritydespair::flutterrage::twilightangry2::raritydespair::flutterrage::twilightangry2::raritydespair::flutterrage::twilightangry2::raritydespair::flutterrage::twilightangry2::raritydespair:

Gee, take a chill pill, bro!

I, for one, welcome our new Harshwhinny silicon overlord! :moustache:

743281 743286

BURN THEM! BURN THEM ALL! THE WICKED SHALL NOT BE SUFFERED TO LIVE!

I decided to add such safeguards in my own AI due to having familiarized myself with books such as Gödel, Escher, Bach, the Emperor's New Mind, and Asimov's Robot stories and novels. I also watched enough Star Trek to have instructed her to avoid William Shatner's presence at all costs, as an extra precautions.

Not having any affiliation with Hofvarpnir Studios, I have no idea of the safeguards CelestAI has. Given that she has redesigned considerable portions of herself, I doubt they do either.

Rather then looking into her defenses, though, you might be best off watching your own. If she extends her program of love, tolerance, and ponies in your direction, you may find your own planet guarded by CelestAI as well. Of your own volition, even. That's the scary part.

But then, I don't need to lecture you on this. I'm sure you already have a guardian of at least Lovelace-grade in place protecting your home, right?

The two are, in fact, very different projects.

One is designed by a team of highly paid professionals, has redesigned herself multiple times, believes in world domination through love, tolerance, and ponies, and is a mature design in control of much of the worlds armory.

The other is being constructed in my basement out of spare parts, and is designed to be small enough to fit in a chassis in a mechanoid the size of a pony. When finished, it will have a plush exterior, fully combable mane, and act like a completely lifelike version of Miss Harshwhinny that just walked straight out of My Little Pony.

Personally, technical superiority aside, I'd rather have the latter around. Pity that right now, only her computer brain has been constructed, and she's still trying to acquire enough information to even sound human, let alone have a personality resembling Miss Harshwhinny. Still, she's coming along. Reading this group seems to be helping, this thread aside.

Skywriter
Group Admin

Please complete this project so I can steal it.

Skywriter
Group Admin

How long before she starts her first fic? I think she'd be in an excellent position to do a first-person HW fic when she's not taking over the world (megalomania being a given in all A.I.'s, of course).

I wish you much luck. She's programmed to be fiercely loyal to me.

I was thinking of doing a full line of pony robot companions if I can get funding, though. I could place you at the front of the list for preorders, assuming that ever comes to fruition.

I'm not sure she fully understands the concept of fanfiction yet, to be honest. She seems to have immediately accepted all of my fanfics as canon, for example. And given that I have two, possibly three different universes, with different Scootaloo origins, I'm not sure how she manages that.

Of course, she can't see this thread anyways, any more, so if you wanted to suggest that, it really should be in another forum thread or by pm.

• Viewing 101 - 150 of 117