T.P.P.O.V. Licensing Group. 33 members · 10 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6
Showmare Trixie
Group Admin

Now have some rules.

... What? Stop looking at Trixie like that, they aren't that bad.

1. No trolling. (Devil's Advocate is fine however.)
2. Only post stories that are written primarily if not exclusively in the third person and of decent or higher quality.
3. Keep in mind that you don't need to constantly speak in third person, it's just a privilege you get, should you decide to use it.
4. Do your best to get along, if possible.

That's about it, feel free to introduce yourself, or whatever it is you came here to do.

The Timemaster never needed the privilege of speaking like a true, honest being, for Timemaster has always been the pinnacle of power!

The Timemaster found your group in its despair, but fear not! Even though Timemaster has NO personal flaw, he shall try to fix yours...

Timemaster isn't insecure... Timemaster is a true stallion! Timemas-:fluttercry:

Oh, who am I kidding? I have many flaws. The Time- I am not invincible... but I shall try! I will try to become the best! Then, and only then, can I truly be the pinnacle of writing prowess! I will not halt for anypony!

The Timemaster shall rise!

-TL;DR: The Timemaster enjoys to write and be dramatic at times :pinkiehappy:

1. Market wants to know what Trixie means by Devil's Advocate.:rainbowhuh:

2. Market...has yet to write a story. But an interesting challenge for summer nonetheless!:rainbowdetermined2:

3. Yeah, sure, I can follow that.:moustache:

4. Market is not impolite.....Usually...:twilightsheepish:

692492:facehoof:Please read upper comment.:facehoof:

Showmare Trixie
Group Admin

Trolling is an activity done where an individual poses views and perspectives that are not their own for the specific purpose of getting specific responses from people. The concept originated more or less, to draw someone into an unwinnable argument in order to piss them off.
Or, for the more subtle trolls, to convince someone with an argument that comes across as intelligent, but is completely and totally wrong.
Or something similar.

Individuals playing Devil's Advocate on the other hand, also state arguments that don't mimic their own views. They go into a situation with the intention of sparking argument.
What's different however: Playing Devil's Advocate is an activity where one attempts to pose arguments that don't necessarily reflect their own views for the considerably more constructive purpose of working out the logic gaps and holes in another individuals logic.

An example of someone trolling a christian for example would be trying to argue that their god doesn't exist, but a giant spaghetti monster does.

An example of someone playing Devil's Advocate with a christian would point out the changes to bibles over the years, and argue various points in order to make the individual have to try and word their way through the inconsistences of the bible. While likely being a Christian themselves. (And probably mocking the symbolism in the process, despite either being completely neutral or actually arguing against their own beliefs.)

Both involve "Trolling" so to speak, it's just that one is done for you're own enjoyment, the other is done for being constructive (and you're own enjoyment.)

Or at least, that's how Trixie remembers it off the top of her head.

708679 Ever the informative one. Thank you!:twistnerd:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6