Ponky Legacy Group 199 members · 9 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5

Today is Ponky's birthday.

The dude is 21 years old, an American adult, which means that somewhere in an alternate universe there's a fat doppelganger of him who's finally old enough to legally drink, smoke, and go to robot nightclubs.

For the occasion, and to honor a personal request from Ky, I'm relaying an anecdote e-mailed to me from the Ponkster himself:

I wanted to tell you a story from a few weeks ago: Anziano Carter {Ky's companion from his first transfer in Reggio Emilia} called me from Brescia and told me that when he was in Milano for transfers, some random Italian guy walked up to him.

"Hey, are you guys missionaries for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints?" he asked in Italian.

"Yup," said Anziano Carter, certainly grinning.

"Do you know Anziano Burton?"

Anziano Carter blinked (probably, I wasn't there). "Uhhh... yeah, actually, I know him really well." I doubt he mentioned that he had been his companion for the last six weeks, terminating literally earlier that day, and that it was amazing that this guy would randomly ask Anziano Carter out of the fifty-plus missionaries standing around for transfers in Milano Centrale (the giant train station).

"Cool. Tell him hi for me."

"Yeah, okay. What's your name?"

"Oh, he doesn't know me."

Again baffled, Anziano Carter (probably) tilted his head. "Huh? How do you know him, then?"

The Italian cleared his throat (maybe). "I follow him online." And with that he made his way.

Anziano Carter's eyes (might have) widened as it dawned on him: Anziano Burton wasn't kidding about having an online following in the brony community. And Anziano Carter had just had the privilege of meeting one of the wonderfolk.

I was so pumped and touched by that story. I wish there was some way I could know who it was. Will you toss a little thing up on the Ponkacy page thanking the mysterious Italian? I'd really appreciate it.

So, there you have it. If anyone reading this is a major fan of Ponky and lives out in Italy, your existence has been noted and your attention has been appreciated. Vivere a lungo e ha colpito le mele... or something.

-SS&E

Ha, that's awesome. It's gotta be nice knowing there's complete strangers out there that care about you. Not that I'd know.

These updates keep reminding me his return is coming nearer. I hope he doesn't suffocate beneath the collective hug he'll undoubtedly be getting.

Happy birthday, Ponky.

That's pretty sweet. Hopefully random Italian fan shows himself here.

Happy birthday, Ponky!

Happy birthday! :pinkiehappy:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5