AppleDashLight 609 members · 62 stories
Comments ( 15 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 15
DbzOrDie
Group Admin

I guess the title's pretty obvious. Who would be the first to admit romantic feelings in the following situations. I think there's a choice between three situations when writing AppleDashLight. Ponies will be referred to as A,B and C.

A and B are in a relationship. A, B or both develop an interest in C
A and B are in a relationship. C develops an interest in A, B or both
No pony is in a relationship. A develops feelings for B 'and' C (otherwise it wouldn't be AppleDashLight)

Scenario 1#:
I think Twilight would be the first to reveal romantic feelings for another pony than her partner. Twilight is not 'streetsmart' like Applejack and Rainbow Dash. I believe that when Twilight develops feelings for a different pony, she'll want to understand how such a thing can happen with 'true love'.

Scenario 2#:
Rainbow Dash. If not because she's as easy to read like a book, or her get-in-your-face attitude, then because keeping a secret like that hidden would keep her distracted. For her job and hobby, one needs a clear mind. Otherwise crashing and doing her job wrong would occur a lot more frequently.

Despite being the element of Honesty, I think Applejack would bury herself in her work as to not interfere with some other ponies' relation. I also doubt that applebucking requires a lot of attention.

Twilight would first explore her feelings properly and think about consequences before even considering to tell

Situation 3#:
I'm going to say Rainbow Dash again. She seems the type of pony with the mindset of 'why have some when you can have it all'. If she thinks that there's a chance of it working out, she'll take it.

Be sure to share your thoughts and opinions :ajsmug:

My planned Appledashlight is taking the form of choice one, although the triad is planned to evolve out of the diad due to an arrangement they come up with. In this instance, Dash would be the first to 'want' the triad, although nothing would come of that want until basically all three are on the same page feelings-wise. For mine, and in general, I think Twilight would be the first to give voice to the subject in this sort of set up.

For the second scenario, I could see either Twilight or Dash being pony C. I'd imagine, in both instances, they would only bring it up if it was for both, out of not wanting to cause relationship problems for the existing couple.

For the third scenario, I think Twilight or Dash again. Twilight I could see in all of these getting a manic, 'This will be an interesting experiment,' gleam in her eye about the possibilities of a triad, while Dash would have the 'They're both super awesome and there's enough of my awesomeness to go around,' mindset.

For all of them, I do see Applejack as the type to not bring anything up about it. Whether she would initially oppose the idea and need to come around to it, I don't know. I think that could go either way for all three. She'd definitely be the responder rather than the suggester for something like this, though.

DbzOrDie
Group Admin

I think that the fact that Applejack would probably be the least likely to bring it up, is because she always thinks things through and keeps a level-headed mind. She knows how the wrong approach could ruin a good existing relationship, either by suggesting it to her partner or by approaching a relationship as an outsider.

Exactly, and she just doesn't have the curiosity of exploration that Twilight has. I can picture Applejack watching Twilight and Dash doing something together with a big dopey grin on her face. Then she pauses, blinks, and grumbles, "Well that's a mighty interestin' thing I didn't know about myself. Thanks fer sharin', brain. Now you shut the hay up about that." and then goes back to apple bucking, maybe kicking a touch harder than necessary.

Tchernobog
Group Admin

My own AppleDashLight will be choice one and two, as far as I can tell. :trixieshiftleft::trixieshiftright:
I'll let you figure out what I mean by that.

As for the scenarios, I agree with you guys - order of likelyhood of who would go for it/suggest the idea would be Dash > Twilight > AJ, I feel. Not so much because she'd be "conservative", but... I don't see her doing such a leap of thought about it. Not without a lot of thinking. :applejackconfused:

My brain started cooking up a scenario this morning where AJ notices that Twi keeps checking out her and Dash when they're kissing or whatever and AJ keeps Dash from noticing until she goes to talk to Twi about it and eventually invites her to join them. Sort of along the lines of Pick me up at Seven with AJ in the lead, but acting on something that Twi seems to want.

Not sure if I'll get around to fleshing it out, but it's up for grabs if someone else wants to try.

Tchernobog
Group Admin

DO IT YOU FOOL! :flutterrage:

Hush you. :derpytongue2:

I can only have so many ideas up in the air at once. :twilightblush:

Tchernobog
Group Admin

Mine have a proven track record of being good! :scootangel:

True dat. I'd probably write it as a direct sequel to the aforementioned fic too.

Tchernobog
Group Admin

That would make the most sense to me, yeah. Sounds like we should brainstorm. :trixieshiftright:

Okay, you've convinced me. It's too good to pass up. :twilightsmile:

DbzOrDie
Group Admin

Did you actually write that fic yet?

Tchernobog
Group Admin

4081872 He started it but got stalled. Must poke him again!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 15